I wonder if they’ll release a device that will convert wired CarPlay to wireless. I’d buy it
    There are such devices out now. Look on Amazon/ebay for something the works with your particular vehicle. They appear to be unique to certain manufacturers and models, but I have seen a lot of people starting to use them on Porsches lately.

For myself I would rather have wired CarPlay. In most cases when I use it I am using it for a long time so I want my phone to be charged.
    11-08-2019 03:45 PM
    There are such devices out now. Look on Amazon/ebay for something the works with your particular vehicle. They appear to be unique to certain manufacturers and models, but I have seen a lot of people starting to use them on Porsches lately.

For myself I would rather have wired CarPlay. In most cases when I use it I am using it for a long time so I want my phone to be charged.
    Everything I’ve seen out there are geared towards Android Auto
    11-08-2019 05:21 PM
    So just an update as to my little side project:

I got an SE that I leave plugged in to my car all the time for CarPlay and I use Maps, Pandora and iHeartRadio apps by using my 11 Pro as a hotspot for the SE. it works flawlessly. I like the layout of the Apple Maps better than my Navigation in car which I pay $4/month for traffic and the UI is just trash IMO.

I like that I can search for an address on my 11 and then it syncs to my SE through iCloud. The only function I wish would work seamlessly is the AUTO-CONNECT to hotspot. Sometimes is does other times I have Go into settings and click on the 11 to have it connect but a small inconvenience in the grand scheme of things.

So far paying $40 for a blacklisted SE has paid off. Until they drop iOS 14 and SE won’t support then I’ll have to get a 7 or newer device but let’s cross that bridge when we get to it.
    11-12-2019 05:58 PM
28 12