Using car play is frustrating on my X. If I am stopped at a traffic light and want to check an email, car play closes on my car's screen and returns home. I then have to resume whatever I am doing. An Android auto, you can do something on your phone and whatever is happening on the car screen continues without issue. I was wondering if this is due to the X having less ram. Anyone using car play with thier XS see any different behavior?
    05-09-2019 09:44 AM
    I get this too on an XR. This has always happened since my 6, so I suspect it’s by design. Apple is a bit more nanny than Google
    05-09-2019 12:15 PM
    I get this too on an XR. This has always happened since my 6, so I suspect it’s by design. Apple is a bit more nanny than Google
    Thanks for the reply. If Apple didn't want us playing with our phones in the car, they should just have the phone locked while connected to car play. It really does nothing to address distracted driving. Not saying that we should be distracted when driving of course.
    05-09-2019 02:08 PM
    Thanks for the reply. If Apple didn't want us playing with our phones in the car, they should just have the phone locked while connected to car play.
    There’s a difference in “playing with our phones in the car” and Playing with our phones while driving the car. Apple would prefer you not due the latter, but the sole responsibility lies with the driver.
    It really does nothing to address distracted driving. Not saying that we should be distracted when driving of course.
    Distracted driving has been around long before the smartphone, but our desire to want to be on our smartphones has increased the amount of distracted drivers.
    scruffypig likes this.
    05-09-2019 06:54 PM