CarPlay GPS issue

98thpixel

Oct 5, 2018
Visit site
I recently bought a new car (Mercedes Benz CLA 180) and tried using Apple CarPlay in it. Everything else works except navigation apps. When I use either Google maps or Apple maps, the current location gets constantly switched between the actual current location and somewhere in the middle of the sea near Thailand every now and then. Even apps like Find iPhone also shows the same incorrect location when maps are showing the wrong location. All apps works fine when not using CarPlay.

I tested with two iPhone X devices (mine and my wife's) with iOS 12 and I see the same issue on both.
Tested with an iPhone 6s running iOS 11 and still the GPS issue is there.
Tested with Google Maps on Android Auto on my brother's phone and it works correctly!

Has anyone ever seen anything similar?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and thanks for joining. My BMW 528i works flawlessly with Apple Car Play on my iPhone Xs Max running iOS12. Maybe Mercedes Benz hasn't caught up with Apple's superb technology yet....LOL.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have not run into an issue like that while using CarPlay. With that in mind, is location services enabled for both Map app is your iPhone Settings? Have you gone through your car's menu to make sure there isn't anything else you need to do in order for CarPlay to work?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2