Does the 2018 Subaru Legacy support CarPlay?

anon(10305138)

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
I just bought a 2018 Subaru Legacy Limited and all the manufacturers materials say it supports CarPlay. CarPlay is an app listed on the screen, but my iPhone 6 won't connect. The CarPlay app seems to be greyed out and the screen says "smartphone connection error" when connected via USB. I noticed that the 2018 Legacy is not listed on Apple's official list of supported models. The software on my phone and car are both up to date and I'm using an Apple lightening cable.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While awaiting a definitive reply from someone who may be able to answer your question, keep the following information in mind.

“Some models may support CarPlay only in certain configurations, and not all models are available in all areas. CarPlay support is subject to change. See your dealer for details.”

Source: https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/available-models/#mn_p

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In my car, all I have to do is connect my iPhone via a USB cable to enable the CarPlay feature. If you have Restrictions enabled on your iPhone, check those settings to make sure that CarPlay is enabled therein.

anon(10305138)

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
I've used CarPay in rental cars with my same iPhone and I agree that it was incredibly intuitive. Usually you just plug in and it works. For some reason though, the car is not connecting via USB (BT connects fine, but I believe CarPlay needs USB).

CarPlay is definitely available in my area (Buffalo NY) and is installed on the car. Anyone have a 2018 Legacy with CarPlay working? I sent an e-mail to Subaru to get more information and will try calling the dealership on Monday if I don't have any luck online.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77