To those of you with cars that supports Apple CarPlay and a touch screen infotainment system, are you able to slide the music play bar forward and/backwards (fast forward & rewind) while using CarPlay? The reason I ask is because I cannot. Having said that, if I switch to my car's native audio option while playing music, I can slide the play bar to fast forward and rewind with ease.
    04-30-2017 06:01 PM
    In my F150, I cannot use the touchscreen to slide along the progress bar while listening to a song on my iPhone using CarPlay.
    I can, however, use the button on my steering wheel to fast foward or rewind in the song.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-30-2017 06:15 PM
    I haven't tried this when I drove a friends car with CarPlay. And even if it indeed was not possible, I'd say Apple disabled that option to not distract drivers too much and avoid any legal issues and claims.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-30-2017 06:16 PM
    In my F150, I cannot use the touchscreen to slide along the progress bar while listening to a song on my iPhone using CarPlay.
    I can, however, use the button on my steering wheel to fast foward or rewind in the song.
    I can do that, too. I was just wondering if Apple disabled that particular feature or if it's a glitch in my car's infotainment system with regard to CarPlay.
    Tartarus likes this.
    04-30-2017 07:48 PM
    I haven't tried this when I drove a friends car with CarPlay. And even if it indeed was not possible, I'd say Apple disabled that option to not distract drivers too much and avoid any legal issues and claims.
    I was thinking this as well, and you may be right.
    Tartarus likes this.
    04-30-2017 07:49 PM