Touchscreen ability via CarPlay

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To those of you with cars that supports Apple CarPlay and a touch screen infotainment system, are you able to slide the music play bar forward and/backwards (fast forward & rewind) while using CarPlay? The reason I ask is because I cannot. Having said that, if I switch to my car's native audio option while playing music, I can slide the play bar to fast forward and rewind with ease.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
In my F150, I cannot use the touchscreen to slide along the progress bar while listening to a song on my iPhone using CarPlay.
I can, however, use the button on my steering wheel to fast foward or rewind in the song.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I haven't tried this when I drove a friends car with CarPlay. And even if it indeed was not possible, I'd say Apple disabled that option to not distract drivers too much and avoid any legal issues and claims.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In my F150, I cannot use the touchscreen to slide along the progress bar while listening to a song on my iPhone using CarPlay.
I can, however, use the button on my steering wheel to fast foward or rewind in the song.

I can do that, too. I was just wondering if Apple disabled that particular feature or if it's a glitch in my car's infotainment system with regard to CarPlay.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried this when I drove a friends car with CarPlay. And even if it indeed was not possible, I'd say Apple disabled that option to not distract drivers too much and avoid any legal issues and claims.

I was thinking this as well, and you may be right.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW