Wireless CarPlay Options

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been a CarPlay user for some time now. Just over 4 months to be exact. The ONE thing I wish it had (well, at least the one thing at the top of my list) is wireless connectivity. I don't use my CarPlay unit as much as I should for the simple fact that I have to plug my iPhone in all the time.

Anyone else share the same sentiment? Are there already great wireless options available?

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I wish it worked wireless, if the exception is maps then have it only work when physically connected. Sometimes I just want to receive and respond to texts using Siri.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can still send and receive text message via Siri using my car's CUE system and without the need for CarPlay. Having said that, I do wish I could access wirelessly.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have a 2012 Accord that I recently installed the factory bluetooth in so i could listen to Apple Music in the car. I've been looking at CarPlay options for my car but I'm so used to just getting in my cay and going and bluetooth connecting automatically that i'm not sure if i really want to spend the money on a CarPlay unit if I still have to plug it in.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been a CarPlay user for some time now. Just over 4 months to be exact. The ONE thing I wish it had (well, at least the one thing at the top of my list) is wireless connectivity. I don't use my CarPlay unit as much as I should for the simple fact that I have to plug my iPhone in all the time.

Anyone else share the same sentiment? Are there already great wireless options available?

I would agree! I just got a new 2017 Ford Escape w/ Sync 3 and it has CarPlay. At first I thought I needed to install CarPlay somehow since it wasn't showing up. I then realized, which much disappointment, that CarPlay only works when my iPhone is plugged in!!

Is Android Auto the same way?

Otherwise, the map navigation alone is worth it, but overall it's a bit gimmicky. I wish there was a weather app, and that for iMessage, you could actually see what was dictated before it sent.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods