CarPlay Tips & Tricks Thread

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For all the CarPlay users in our community, share your best CarPlay tips & tricks right here! I'm just getting started with CarPlay, and will definitely add my own as I learn more and more!

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
In case you missed it: when you bring up navigation in Maps, the CarPlay screen will show the map while your iPhone screen (if on) will show the upcoming turn directions. If you're anything like me, you like to know the next few upcoming turns, and this is the perfect way, with the iPhone mounted on the vent or so. It'd be cool if the other apps had some smart second-screen arrangement like that.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I didn't realize that. So if you have your iPhone mounted off to the side, it'll show upcoming turn directions while the main screen shows overall route? I've only used it a handful of times for directions, and my Apple Watch gave me taptic feedback/reminders that a turn was upcoming...

Crown R0yal

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I didn't realize that. So if you have your iPhone mounted off to the side, it'll show upcoming turn directions while the main screen shows overall route? I've only used it a handful of times for directions, and my Apple Watch gave me taptic feedback/reminders that a turn was upcoming...

I love that my Apple Watch gives me feedback to alert a turn. Then I know to glance for a heads up. I have the voice turned down because for whatever reason, I hate having my music / podcast interrupted for nav instructions. 😂😂

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2