Any other CarPlay users out there!?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey all! Recently had a CarPlay compatible CarPlay deck installed in my truck... wondering if there are any others around here (looks like it!) that have vast CarPlay experience? Would love to talk more about it and perhaps start up some really helpful guides and tutorials!

I'm sure there are common problems and tips we can offer... just searching for some CarPlay users here. If that's you, raise your hand!

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey all! Recently had a CarPlay compatible CarPlay deck installed in my truck... wondering if there are any others around here (looks like it!) that have vast CarPlay experience? Would love to talk more about it and perhaps start up some really helpful guides and tutorials!

I'm sure there are common problems and tips we can offer... just searching for some CarPlay users here. If that's you, raise your hand!

I do! I love my CarPlay!

ralphelliott

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
2016 Civic driver here, and yes I love it. I've not tried Android Auto so I'm not sure how it compares but all I want is the calling function along with sat nav and a bit of music and I'm set. Only negative for me: Apple Maps still isn't that great.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
If my car wasn't so OLD and crappy I would get a carplay (or Android Auto) stereo for it! But I'm not going to "throw good money after bad" as they say. ;) HOWEVER for sure my next car!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
2016 Civic driver here, and yes I love it. I've not tried Android Auto so I'm not sure how it compares but all I want is the calling function along with sat nav and a bit of music and I'm set. Only negative for me: Apple Maps still isn't that great.

While I agree, it is getting better. Have used it a few times and overall, not bad!

sjsharksfan39

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
I love Apple Car Play. I wish there was more apps on it, I can use Google Maps, and Siri wasn't so idiotic. Other than that, I've only had it for two months (Bought a new Honda Accord in November) and I find it useful for what it is.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I love the new look with 10.3
22b3bfae2c19e654867d641554ea5210.jpg

David Van Nuys

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I recently installed it on my 2016Hyundai Sonata. I like it well enough except that I don't like the fact that I have to have it plugged into the car's USB port. Shouldn't it be wireless? Am I missing something?

David

Fable

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I recently installed it on my 2016Hyundai Sonata. I like it well enough except that I don't like the fact that I have to have it plugged into the car's USB port. Shouldn't it be wireless? Am I missing something?

It depends on the car manufacturers implementation of it which I think is the type or version of the entertainment unit they use. I bought a new 2017 BMW and got Apple Car Play as an option (BMW is one of the few manufacturers that actually charge you a premium price to add it on and force you to buy all their upgrades to get to it - commonly the technology package now called just Navigation package). Mine is completely wireless.. my phone just needs to be in range of the vehicle to function.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro