IOS 10 said to put more info on bigger car screens. Anyone have a car where that?s working or not?

PeteLP

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Cars like the 2017 Mercedes E300 and the 2017 Audi Q7 have 12 inch screens and support CarPlay. Apple says that CarPlay for IOS 10 will actually make it possible to show more info on such screens.

I'm curious if anyone has SEEN that working, OR if anyone has tried IOS 10 CarPlay on these or similar cars and noticed that it's NOT working.

I'm wondering if the manufacturers have to do anything on their side to enable this feature.

BTW, I know that with IOS 9, the bigger car screens would just show the same info as the smaller screens but stretched to fit.

Pete

Last edited:

nroldan83

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
I just bought a 2017 Audi Q7. When Carplay is on, on the virtual cockpit I can see the song that is currently playing, but no album art. When using Apple Maps, the maps screen on the virtual cockpit just shows a compass. If Carplay is on but navigation is not active, it just shows the regular Google Maps.... looks like no support yet from Audi.

PeteLP

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the reply.

sounds like something is very wrong with your carplay, in that you're seeing far less than you're supposed to see, forgetting about the extra info

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods