Has anyone else had a problem with CarPlay constantly disconnecting?

jeff belli slack

Jun 25, 2018
Visit site
Re: CarPlay Keeps Disconnecting

I had a new Sony head unit installed last week.
I am having the same problems I see through this thread.

Has anyone found the answer?
I don't see anything listed here other than trying someone else's phone.

Luvmynad

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: CarPlay Keeps Disconnecting

I had a new Sony head unit installed last week.
I am having the same problems I see through this thread.

Has anyone found the answer?
I don't see anything listed here other than trying someone else's phone.

I had a problem of it disconnecting occasionally with a pioneer 8100nex. I don't think it is the head unit itself. I updated my phone to run the beta ios 12 and after public beta 4 it has not disconnected once, that also includes a 10 hour round trip drive. I am running pb 5 now and have not had a problem but it has only been about 4 days on moderate driving.

jeff belli slack

Jun 25, 2018
Visit site
Re: CarPlay Keeps Disconnecting g'day, thank you. I also turned off blue tooth and have had no prob

I had a problem of it disconnecting occasionally with a pioneer 8100nex. I don't think it is the head unit itself. I updated my phone to run the beta ios 12 and after public beta 4 it has not disconnected once, that also includes a 10 hour round trip drive. I am running pb 5 now and have not had a problem but it has only been about 4 days on moderate driving.

tlebens

Mar 7, 2019
Visit site
Re: CarPlay Keeps Disconnecting g'day, thank you. I also turned off blue tooth and have had no prob

I have an iPhone X and a Honda Clarity Electric and have been daunted by the same problem. But, the disconnects are not random. They occur exactly when the phone switches data sources, i.e., when I drive away from home, and the phone switchs from WiFi to LTE, the audio playing on CarPlay will disconnect. Then, along the way, when the phone switches from LTE or 3G, the audio playing on CarPlay will disconnect.

I am not sure if this is a different issue, but I have been able to repeat this behavior several days in a row now. The disconnect occurs immediately when the icon on the phone changes from WiFi to LTE to 3G.

RMCan

Jul 13, 2019
Visit site

I have an iPhone X and a Honda Clarity Electric and have been daunted by the same problem. But, the disconnects are not random. They occur exactly when the phone switches data sources, i.e., when I drive away from home, and the phone switchs from WiFi to LTE, the audio playing on CarPlay will disconnect. Then, along the way, when the phone switches from LTE or 3G, the audio playing on CarPlay will disconnect.

I am not sure if this is a different issue, but I have been able to repeat this behavior several days in a row now. The disconnect occurs immediately when the icon on the phone changes from WiFi to LTE to 3G.

I’m experiencing the same thing, at least as far as I can tell. Went on a road trip through areas with spotty coverage and it was constantly crashing. Normally not an issue at all.