How can I stop CarPlay from taking over my Sirusxm truck radio?!

I

iMore Question

I just found out something on my iphone 5 running ios 9.1 called CarPlay is taking over my siriusxm sat radio in my truck! I hate that! How do I turn the carplay thing off COMPLETELY??? ENTIRELY??? TOTALLY???

All I want to listen to in my truck is Sirusxm, and in particular the Met Opera radio or classical music stations. That's ALL! But if I've turned on the Siriusxm radio, and then I plug my iphone into my USB port to charge it while I'm driving, and the phone is on, the phone takes over the Siriusxm radio and all I can hear is some totally utterly obnoxious piece of musical garbage I don't have any interest in hearing at all!

I turned on the opera because I want to hear opera. But if I have to unplug the phone, to keep the phone on and available while driving AND while listening to opera, I can't also charge it, because, like I said, as soon as I plug the phone charger cord into the USB port the opera goes off and on comes that obnoxious pop music!

I may be the only person on the entire planet who does not want carplay, but I won't apologize for that! All I want to know is how to make the carplay just shut up entirely, while I'm trying to listen to Siriusxm and charge my phone at the same time!

Can I do that?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
On your car radio just change the media source back to satellite radio. This is a function of your vehicles usb port not the iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox