Is Carplay DOA?

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
It's been over a year since it was announced. Close to 6 months since it was demoed and now both car makers and after market partners have delayed its release till likely next year. Right now, only Hyundai may get it out into cars by the end of this year and that's not even for certain. This is not good news for Apple's attempt to get into our vehicles.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it's DOA. More companies need to adopt it for it to really take off though. There aren't many companies on board right now unfortunately.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's DOA. More companies need to adopt it for it to really take off though. There aren't many companies on board right now unfortunately.

All the big players of the auto industry and the two of the premiere makers of after market stereos are on board. When pioneer says it will be out in weeks not months back in late spring and now they don't mention dates, I have to wonder. Every car maker that said it would be in 2014 cars has backed off except Hyundai and they still aren't sure. Something seems very wrong.

Here is the list of who is on board

Ferrari
Honda
Mercedes
Volvo
Hyundai
Abarth
Alfa Romeo
Audi
BMW
Chevrolet
Chrysler
Ford
Dodge
Jeep
Kia
Subaru
Fiat
Land Rover
Mazda
Nissan
Toyota
Opel
Peugeot
Suzuki
Ram
Jaguar
Citroen
Pioneer
Alpine

I'm not sure how many more are needed to adopt it for it to take off.