What is your personal experience with Apple CarPlay?

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I have installed most recent firmware on my HU. Pioneer 8100 NEX. But still issues randomly. The phone plugged in via cable for car play and it randomly disconnects. It's not the HU as Apple car play crashes on the phone itself.

Do you also have bluetooth connected? I used it for 2 3 hour trips, no crashes when I deleted the headunit from my bluetooth device list.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
That's not what I meant. I found that I had issues with CarPlay freezing on my Kenwood when I had the phone paired with bluetooth to the headunit and then hooked up to CarPlay. When I unpaired them (using "Forget this Device" in bluetooth settings), I no longer had any issues where CarPlay froze.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
That's not what I meant. I found that I had issues with CarPlay freezing on my Kenwood when I had the phone paired with bluetooth to the headunit and then hooked up to CarPlay. When I unpaired them (using "Forget this Device" in bluetooth settings), I no longer had any issues where CarPlay froze.

Interesting, I will try it a let you know. Thinking on it though it should over ride bluetooth since it's connected by being plugged in.

raphie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I have 2016 Honda Civic and hate it in my car. Honda needs to update software wear or something not the way I would have imagined using it and features

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have 2016 Honda Civic and hate it in my car. Honda needs to update software wear or something not the way I would have imagined using it and features

Can you explain what it is you’re experiencing that’s causing you to hate using it?

raphie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Can you explain what it is you’re experiencing that’s causing you to hate using it?

I guess more of a incompatibility issue right now.

When reversing and phone is plugged in, randomly goes to my music library.
When parked and plugged in go to look at Instagram and it goes to HondaLink or music library.
I change music source to SiriusXM and doesn't switch from Apple Music.
When phone is plugged in sometimes try to change AC and it won't work.

So it's appears and I have been told it's Honda software issue with AppleCar play.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess more of a incompatibility issue right now.

When reversing and phone is plugged in, randomly goes to my music library.
When parked and plugged in go to look at Instagram and it goes to HondaLink or music library.
I change music source to SiriusXM and doesn't switch from Apple Music.
When phone is plugged in sometimes try to change AC and it won't work.

So it's appears and I have been told it's Honda software issue with AppleCar play.

Oh okay, and thank you for the explanation....:)

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
1) It needs to have integration with the car's radio controls and climate controls, even if only through Siri. Changing the radio station while the head unit is showing Maps is just a pain...

I have buttons on my steering wheel I use to control the radio with maps showing. I'm not sure how the Ford's work since I drive a Chevy truck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2