What are the benefits of using an iPad at work?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: What benefits for using Ipad in your business?

It depends on your job. Nowadays, iPads are seen in numerous businesses ranging from pro sports to retail establishments. Ease of use and portability are arguably the top two benefits, in my opinion.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: What benefits for using Ipad in your business?

We have around 25. Benefits? Good software, battery life, lots of accessories, easy to use, long lifespan.

kathrynL

Jan 8, 2018
Visit site
which Apple product would you buy for business?

I want to replace my 11 year old ( yes 11) iMac that I use to run my small business and need some advice. I would like to use the new model for word processing, spreadsheets, website management, and email. It does not have to be portable, but I would like to be able to back it up easily. Any recommendations? I do not need it for gaming or video editing.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: which Apple product would you buy for business?

I want to replace my 11 year old ( yes 11) iMac that I use to run my small business and need some advice. I would like to use the new model for word processing, spreadsheets, website management, and email. It does not have to be portable, but I would like to be able to back it up easily. Any recommendations? I do not need it for gaming or video editing.

Those are very basic requirements that any new Mac will meet. A tablet might even work but “website management” should be explained. A conventional multi purpose computer vs a tablet might be best for that.

Any new Mac will have Time Machine to make backups easy.

Good luck.

scastle123

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
The benefits of an iPad are simple.

It's portable.
The battery lasts a lot longer than most laptops, so you aren't tied to an electrical socket, as long as you can charge it from time to time.
Can be locked to one specific app (handy if you buy the iPad to use a specific app).
Easy to use.

The downsides:

It has a virtual keyboard. This is important if you do a lot of typing. I would at least recommend you use an iPad with an external keyboard.
The apps are not as powerful as the full applications in all cases. For instance, while the MS office apps are perfectly usable for basic document editing, they lack the full features of the office suite on the Mac or PC.
They aren't as powerful as PCs or Macs with the equivalent prices. This doesn't matter for most people, but it might..

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
App updates and the Max phone will make the iPad less important to me personally but the iPad price will keep us buying them for work site deployment.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77