Office 365 for Apples in business.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd love shared experience with other business tier Office 365 administrators and users.

One issue that always gets me is how even Outlook for desktop on a Mac along with so many other to do apps have poor or no integration with the server side.

1. Am I the only one in the world who does and likes shared tasks?
  • What's up with Microsoft buying the Wunderlist publisher and no good Office 365 integration?
  • With such poor choice and Apple's Reminders one of the few.... How about Apple doing a better job?

SharePoint and Office 365 Groups and Teams.

1. Are you using Microsoft's mobile apps or web on phones?
  • How are shared calendar items with 365 Groups working for you?
  • Are you in the Teams preview and what do you think of it?

FWIW, I do Azure/365 admin by day and also do some G Suite admin for a nonprofit. Both really seem like they need a kick or a poke. Google Keep is a joke compared to Evernote and OneNote. I have more Safari display problem with Google Groups than SharePoint.

For any imperfections with mobile, I do give Microsoft a lot of credit for the rate of app updates and support. Microsoft support for business/enterprise tiers of 365 has been world class. They really do call you in 10 minutes while Google doesn't know you exist or has you searching bunches of crap that usually show others with same problem.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I'd love shared experience with other business tier Office 365 administrators and users.

One issue that always gets me is how even Outlook for desktop on a Mac along with so many other to do apps have poor or no integration with the server side.

1. Am I the only one in the world who does and likes shared tasks?
  • What's up with Microsoft buying the Wunderlist publisher and no good Office 365 integration?
  • With such poor choice and Apple's Reminders one of the few.... How about Apple doing a better job?

I use shared task, it's working well for me, and an android user in my organisation, I have not used the reminder app, unfortunately.

SharePoint and Office 365 Groups and Teams.

1. Are you using Microsoft's mobile apps or web on phones?
  • How are shared calendar items with 365 Groups working for you?
  • Are you in the Teams preview and what do you think of it?

FWIW, I do Azure/365 admin by day and also do some G Suite admin for a nonprofit. Both really seem like they need a kick or a poke. Google Keep is a joke compared to Evernote and OneNote. I have more Safari display problem with Google Groups than SharePoint.

For any imperfections with mobile, I do give Microsoft a lot of credit for the rate of app updates and support. Microsoft support for business/enterprise tiers of 365 has been world class. They really do call you in 10 minutes while Google doesn't know you exist or has you searching bunches of crap that usually show others with same problem.

I use my O365 with the native email client. Agree with the need to give them a poke. Shared calendar is working good. Teams are ok, they only will work on each organisation, can't invite others outside.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I use shared task, it's working well for me, and an android user in my organisation, I have not used the reminder app, unfortunately.

I use my O365 with the native email client. Agree with the need to give them a poke. Shared calendar is working good. Teams are ok, they only will work on each organisation, can't invite others outside.

Unless I'm missing something or an app name, Outlook for Windows is my best shared task app in the environment but any task you have will be on your phone or Mac's Reminders list.

On Teams. Doesn't Teams really go our of preview next month? Days? My speculation is they'll do a lot with it as fast as possible knowing Slack is real competition. In my world chat-based with external users would be valuable.

The lack of discussions in the enterprise area surprise me. I suppose you have to work in a group environment with the Microsoft sever side stuff to have these interests and maybe to appreciate how good Microsoft's products have become.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Update: I continue to be pleased and often impressed by the Office 365 commitment for Apple products and the support for business users.

Teams has become a tremendous app for Mac, mobile and has Apple Watch notifications. The Office 365 admin app has improved to the extent that an iPhone and no need for a laptop goes a long way in enterprise admin.

Enterprise or not, the recent OneNote upgrades have been good with a much more same experience across platforms and devices.

I administer G Suite too and these days it sure looks like Google has a lot of catch up to do. It works well but is crude with support no where in same league as the Microsoft calls you in 10 minutes.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
FYI: It does not seem like many here are into their Apple stuff for business but the overall server side updates in recent weeks are tremendous.

Now you can have Planner in your additional tabs in Teams channels.

The latest mobile app updates are very good. The 365 admin app for iPhone has become tremendous.

Recent updates and preview rollouts are very good even if you are not an enterprise user. OneNote would be a good example.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The whole 365 and Azure environment has improved a lot since the last comments and same for the Apple software whether that's desktop or client apps. The recent desktop updates are great. If you have an iPhone XS Max Microsoft's done app updates for display.

Since it's been a while it is also worth mentioning the Flow app/environment. It's powerful, it's easy, and it adds a lot of value to your Microsoft subscription. For one example, I sync Microsoft content to Google so I can use some of the more capable Microsoft elements and share or collaborate with Google associates.

I am an administrator for this (Microsoft) environment and Google's G-Suite. I remain honest that both are good and stable but Microsoft is way ahead with overall functionality. Over and over I find people who've changed their tune on paying for a monthly subscription.

Since my last update we also have great improvements for the less popular and maybe need be more know elements - scheduling, HR, and more.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I just wish O365 on Mac integrated more with domain features like the Winderz version does. I cannot edit email distribution lists on the Mac side like I can on the Micro$oft side.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I just wish O365 on Mac integrated more with domain features like the Winderz version does. I cannot edit email distribution lists on the Mac side like I can on the Micro$oft side.

I haven't looked recently knowing Outlook keeps getting more alike but the end user administered distribution lists have long been an occasional pain. I prefer lists be done in Exchange. Also more and more like using shared mail boxes and 365 type groups.

This being about a year later, I'll say it's worth knowing Apple and Microsoft have had a lot of had a lot of improvements. Our staff really like where Teams is at and Microsoft's dark mode implementation.

It would be nice if the Office 365 admin app finally went full screen. The Azure app is full screen and Cisco finally did that for Meraki.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How is it that all of my subscribed Google calendars sync effortlessly via the Outlook app on my MacBook Air, but not via Outlook on my PC?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
How is it that all of my subscribed Google calendars sync effortlessly via the Outlook app on my MacBook Air, but not via Outlook on my PC?

I get surprised like that. For work I use a rather simply configured Mac, Surface and iPhone. Over and over it shows Microsoft doing a really good job with the Apple products.

Two things I see people not recognizing lately are the account switching mobile Teams app has, and the function in the Chrome-based Edge. I'm a long time Firefox user but now run a new Edge instance to help that I have to use different credentials and platforms.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro