I currently use my windows 7 laptop and off line folders from my windows hone server 2011 for when I'm away on business. It really works very well. But it does mean I have to take my iPad and my laptop away with me. Is there a way I can achieve the same results with just the iPad?
    12-05-2015 11:33 AM
    The Goodreader app and others like it allows for the server access and the downloading/syncing of files.
    12-05-2015 03:31 PM
    Thanks for responding. I have tried that in the past all though not v4. The challenge I found was that whilst it synced with server. I could not find an easy way to open a file and add data then save, so it then syncs. It seems you have to 'open in' then I could not work out how it gets back into Goodreeder to sync. Any ideas.
    12-05-2015 04:26 PM
    I've stopped maintaining a home office server to be used when I'm mobile. It's all way more bother than cloud sync and hybrid cloud.

You can have Dropbox, Google and Microsoft accounts for free but I get value from their commercial products. App sync to Microsoft and Dropbox opens up a lot of great utility.

Dropbox is the winner for lots of apps that work in partnership. With free, personal and enterprise Google and Microsoft accounts I tend to like Microsoft the most. For one, Google Keep s crude compared to OneNote or Evernote. Microsoft Office apps are better across platforms compared to Apple and Google.

G Suite is very good in many ways but I still find issues I don't like beyond Keep = poor. It's not just fan boy bias. I am an Alphabet stockholder so have reason for it to be good and successful. Associates and I have set up and use G Suite too.

If you have a Microsoft home server you might like the way my family uses the non-enterprise tier Office 365. We use the 5 users, the Office client apps switch between personal and enterprise versions plus the mobile Office apps use other services - Dropbox for me.
    12-31-2016 10:44 AM