What Does Apple Have To Do To Finally Put Security To Rest in IOS 8?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What do you think Apple has to tackle in the way of security to make the public happy so that "Big Brother" and others are not looking over our shoulders at what we do with our phones?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I feel the same way as both of you do but so many worry about it and I attribute most of it to Google. I just want to know how everyone else feels that is security worried.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I feel the safest with Apple products, whenever there's been the slightest bit of an issue. Apples been on top of it. Don't have any doubt it will be the same in IOS 8.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
As far as general data security, Apple, Google, even Microsoft, all offer top-notch protection. When it comes to things like Government access, there's not a platform out there that's immune.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
As far as general data security, Apple, Google, even Microsoft, all offer top-notch protection. When it comes to things like Government access, there's not a platform out there that's immune.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

My thoughts exactly.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
My thoughts exactly.

It's give and take and depends on what you believe. For consumer devices not on a company server like BES or BYOD on BES the most secure is still a BlackBerry to BlackBerry connection if you believe the encryption methodology. But since most are not on a BES IT driven server, nor are a BlackBerry consumer, security becomes iffy when communication is across or within platforms. Truth is that it's not about how secure the phone is. It's about who you want security from.

In my opinion, when it comes to individual hackers they will always find ways to do things, and Apple seems to react quite quickly to close the gap (in most instances). When it comes to government agencies, throw security away, they're the government, don't give them a reason to look cause if you've got something to hide they'll find it.

Bottom line, for the everyday casual cell phone user iPhone is very, very secure if your mindful of how you use it. BlackBerry while more secure (yes, I said it and so has the NSA who admits it's inability to crack their encryption), is limited in other capabilities because it would comprise their security. In fact, I'm shocked with the 10.2.1 move to allow direct downloads of Android Apps. Big mistake...also cross platform BBM while great in theory is potentially an issue as well.

I'm just as confident on my iPhone 5s as I was with my prior 14 BlackBerry's from the 7100 through the Z30.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
What do you think Apple has to tackle in the way of security to make the public happy so that "Big Brother" and others are not looking over our shoulders at what we do with our phones?

There isn't anything anyone can do. As long as everyone carries one of these devices around someone is going to try to exploit that in some way. It could be anyone or organization.

The only way to eliminate that possibility 100% is too not carry a smart phone broadcasting your life every second of every day on the internet.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Many varying opinions and I like that because it helps to read what many people see as security in their everyday life before it can be improved upon in my opinion.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have more faith in Apple protecting my info than Google. They make mistakes as does everyone but they are not selling it to the highest bidder for advertising revenue. That being said, I make use of both Apple and Google services all the time.
'nuf said...:)

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
A) Hold a press release and discuss what is being done and has been done, both good and bad. I know a while back federal agencies, like the DEA were complaining that they couldn't read iMessages. Is this still the case ?

B) Purchase Blackberry and integrate BES/BIS into iOS. Or they could come up with there own versions of it.

C) Better app permission settings. Let me know what apps are doing, why they are doing it, and let me stop them.

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
If you think NSA spying is outrageous, talk to someone who's been doing any kind of hi tech work in / with China. The extend of their spying makes NSA look like a bunch of kindergarteners. And they are using it for profit, which means they are more likely to extract something useful from your data - few people actually deal with terrorists or drug dealers, but many are keeping trade / technological / commercial confidential info in their email or docs. Yet, people have no problems buying Lenovo notebooks, or some no brand networking components with God knows what hidden in firmware. It's all about noise.

I think Apple is inherently more secure than Android, doesn't mean they can't screw up.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't feel as secure on Android. If iOS 8 didn't have any of those vulnerabilities, wouldn't an iOS 8 jailbreak be non-existent?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
In fact, I'm shocked with the 10.2.1 move to allow direct downloads of Android Apps. Big mistake...also cross platform BBM while great in theory is potentially an issue as well.

I'm just as confident on my iPhone 5s as I was with my prior 14 BlackBerry's from the 7100 through the Z30.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

This^.

I've got a BlackBerry Q10 and I refuse to get apps from third party sites like 1mobile. That's all the rage now. I can't for the life of me understand how one can talk of security in one breath and in the next load unsupported unpatched apps from an uncontrolled third party site.

Needless to day I'm at odds with the majority of the very loud proponents of this practice.

As far as apps, all I'll say is that my banking and insurance apps are on my iPhone. None on my SGIII.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73