Book Chat: After Steve: How Apple Became a Trillion-Dollar Company and Lost Its Soul

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Answering the question of the book title, relentless "GREED" with no forward thinking... Apple became a follower rather than an innovator (everything they did in the last decade or so was "re-create" something somebody else already did.

A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them. - Steve Jobs. This mojo was lost.

But, regardless, I love my Apple products!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Answering the question of the book title, relentless "GREED" with no forward thinking... Apple became a follower rather than an innovator (everything they did in the last decade or so was "re-create" something somebody else already did.

A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them. - Steve Jobs. This mojo was lost.

But, regardless, I love my Apple products!

Have you read the book yet?

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Have you read the book yet?

I have read a gist of it with a fairly detailed critique a few days ago in another forum. It's not something that interests me but I was curious and some people are critical of the way Apple has been run. Beyond that, I am not too interested in Tim or Jony. I am more interested in Scott Forstall who was fired by Tim Cook very shortly after Tim became the CEO. It is impossible to know what's really going on inside Apple, and we can onlu judge by what we actually see, experience and most importantly, pay:)

aitaneevent4

Jul 15, 2022
Visit site
Where can I buy this book? Is it available on Amazon? I am very interested in reading it. In my opinion, reading is important, especially about such great people as Steve Jobs. He is a revolutionary in the tech world, and the fact that he started from the bottom, gained billions of wealth, then lost it, and had to live further makes him a very strong person. In my opinion, a lot of people would give up, but Steve Jobs didn't and was able to regain everything he had lost once because of an error.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR