Reading out loud or silent reading? Which works for you?

bluej3

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
I do both. Espl when i am alone, i read out loud, because it is fun and i feel like i am playing the characters. But when ppl are around or when i get tired of reading out loud then i choose the silent method.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I typically read silently, unless I’m reading something aloud to someone else.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Sorta the same, but different my late sister and I when we were kids used to listen to some of my parents show music records, in particular, Jesus Christ Superstar, and Oliver, and we would play the different parts and sing or speak them to each other.

"[FONT=Open Sans, arial, sans-serif]Look Caiaphas - they 're right outside our yard!" "Quick Caiaphas go call the Roman Guard!" And my part....[/FONT]

[FONT=Open Sans, arial, sans-serif]"No wait we need a more permanent solution to our problem" Then my sister.....

"What then to do about Jesus of Nazareth, miracle wonder man hero of fools!"
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I'm listening to West Side Story on my Amazon Tap right now and it's also reminding me of signing my parent's old soundtracks with my late sister!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Reading out loud slows me down and inhibits my imagination. I read silently, and more specifically if I can get back to the place mentally, I watch books. I stop seeing the words and only see the story.

bluej3

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
Sorta the same, but different my late sister and I when we were kids used to listen to some of my parents show music records, in particular, Jesus Christ Superstar, and Oliver, and we would play the different parts and sing or speak them to each other.

"[FONT=Open Sans, arial, sans-serif]Look Caiaphas - they 're right outside our yard!" "Quick Caiaphas go call the Roman Guard!" And my part....[/FONT]

[FONT=Open Sans, arial, sans-serif]"No wait we need a more permanent solution to our problem" Then my sister.....

"What then to do about Jesus of Nazareth, miracle wonder man hero of fools!"
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Wow! What a beautiful memory!

bluej3

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
Reading out loud slows me down and inhibits my imagination. I read silently, and more specifically if I can get back to the place mentally, I watch books. I stop seeing the words and only see the story.

Ah i see..reading silently gives more focus to the brain and the things we observe.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2