Folks,

Lately I gave been using my devices, my iPhone with hoopla and overdrive for audio books, and my iPad and computers for books and magazines with iBooks, Kindle and Zinio, BUT I know some people who just prefer paper books and magazines. I myself was that way with magazines for a long time BUT I have come around.

So what do you think? Are you on the eReader/use your device band wagon, or do you prefer the old fashion book? And if so why? Lately for me my passion is listening to audio books while I travel or as I run errands.
    05-09-2017 10:12 PM
    Audio books don't work well for me because I get distracted to easily and would lose the plot haha.

I don't mind reading an e-book to understand a concept for school but it can only be a couple pages. If I'm doing some reading for a long period of time then I like the good 'ol fashioned hard cover book

I know we must save the trees but I'm happy to recycle the book when I'm finished 😃
    pkcable likes this.
    05-10-2017 04:35 AM
    I've been doing audiobooks but of late I've found that I like to have the physical book in hand. It's like when I have my device in hand, reading is not what I'm looking to do. With physical, I know what it is when i take it off the shelf.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-10-2017 06:35 AM
    I like physical books, but when it's a book I'll only read one time (which you know sometimes), then I'll buy it on my kinde. And I rely on paper when it comes to studying, so books will never go away in my life I'd rather sit in a library with real books than thousands of screens or just in an empty room with only one ereader
    btw I found mine here (it's german, I'm sorry: http://www.welcher-ebook-reader.com/ )
    Last edited by KaterKarlo; 05-27-2017 at 05:04 AM. Reason: addition
    pkcable likes this.
    05-26-2017 09:20 AM
    Real books seem more relaxing, but sometimes e-books are more convenient.
    05-26-2017 10:45 AM
    I prefer physical books.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-29-2017 03:44 PM
    It really doesn't matter to me, to be quite honest. Having said that, I've spent money on eBooks (both on the Amazon Paperwhite and Barnes & Noble Nook) so it only makes sense for me to choose the eReader option for the sake of this thread....
    pkcable likes this.
    05-29-2017 05:19 PM
    Ebooks by choice ever since the Bookeen Cybook Gen3 e-reader I got in 2007. Audiobooks for long walks and hikes and before bed (digital as well, not cassette tapes!). Rarely a physical book—only when no ebook is available and it's a nonfiction work I really want to read.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-29-2017 07:09 PM
    I read mostly ebooks nowadays, just for convenience, I can see a hundred actual books from where I'm sitting,I haven't given them up. Like most people nowadays I always have my phone, and I have several reading and library apps on that and unlike a lot of people I don't carry a blasted backpack everywhere, so nowhere to put a book if I wanted to.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-30-2017 08:27 AM
    I actually do both depending on the situation. Maybe eBooks a little more because of convience.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-30-2017 10:20 AM
    eBooks via Kindle. Cheap eReaders and apps for every platform. Started with iBooks, but an iPad is too expensive. Kindle Fire was only $70 and works quite well.

For educational material, the eReaders are great. Easy dictionary access and you can get narration for novels on the cheap, or go with audiobooks.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-04-2017 03:31 PM
    Nice thread! I used to love paperback and hardcovers then i was in love with kindle/ ebooks but now i am in love with paperbacks and hardcovers again! Haha!
    08-08-2017 05:12 PM
    Real books for me, I'm old fashioned :P
    08-09-2017 07:30 AM
    I'm going crazy for audio of late! Just something about having a book read to me, especially from a dynamic reader OR group of readers.
    08-23-2017 08:45 AM
    I've pretty much migrated to the Kindle app on my iPad. There are times, however when I'm in a situation where any type of electronic devices (phones, tablets, etc.) are prohibited, so I pick up a paperback book or magazines.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-23-2017 08:51 AM
    I've been doing audiobooks but of late I've found that I like to have the physical book in hand. It's like when I have my device in hand, reading is not what I'm looking to do. With physical, I know what it is when i take it off the shelf.
    I do this too!
    08-23-2017 08:51 AM
    I'll always have to say real book just due to the fact that an eReader doesn't feel enough like a normal book to me. Plus I'd be worried that the eReader would keep me up at night from the light.
    07-31-2018 06:40 PM