Bell - group text /message not supported

dflyer

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
Hello
I thought I would post this info here as it took me a while to figure out and spent far too much time researching it but it appears that Bell does not support group messages or texts. I didn’t realize that.

They have recently partnered with Samsung so there are some devices that work with what they are calling Advanced Messaging, similar to iMessage I believe. ( I have not looked into it it yet as of writing this) But no sms with iPhones

The issue I couldn’t figure out was I would get group messages as individual messages when someone in the group was non iPhone or Android. My message back would only go to the individual sender. Not the group. I always thought that it had something to do with the android user but it turns out it is a carrier issue.

There was always a note in the support discussions that group messages ‘may not be supported ‘ however I never really thought that it would be with one of the big 3 major players. I was wrong. I always assumed that they were pretty similar in what they offered. They are not.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Very interesting

Even when the carrier supports it group messaging with one or a few SMS users can bring up issues

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal