They claim they are the largest and yet I feel like I barely get it or I have low bars. I live in the Kitchener/Waterloo area. I switched from Rogers to bell about 8 months ago and I found better LTE with Rogers. Any ideas or solutions.
    12-22-2013 02:00 AM
    LTE is still new so blanket coverage outside large cities are rare you might be in a bad spot where you live but only the carrier will know for sure

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    12-22-2013 08:47 AM
    LTE is still new so blanket coverage outside large cities are rare you might be in a bad spot where you live but only the carrier will know for sure

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    It's just odd because I spoke to bell and he areas i am in often have LTE coverage but apparently bell has more LTE coverage than any provider in canada you'd think they'd be good
    12-22-2013 10:08 AM
    It's just odd because I spoke to bell and he areas i am in often have LTE coverage but apparently bell has more LTE coverage than any provider in canada you'd think they'd be good
    Again they said Canada that means all of Canada not just most of Ontario like Rogers.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    12-23-2013 08:34 AM
    Again they said Canada that means all of Canada not just most of Ontario like Rogers.

Oh well than I should've stayed with Rogers lol
    12-23-2013 03:08 PM
    Oh well than I should've stayed with Rogers lol
    Lol maybe. I'm only with bell cause I can't get a Rogers signal in my house.

12-23-2013 08:39 PM
    Lol maybe. I'm only with bell cause I can't get a Rogers signal in my house.

One think I like about bell is I get signal everywhere like in basements and people with Rogers get low or no signal so I feel superior lol
    12-23-2013 09:54 PM
    One think I like about bell is I get signal everywhere like in basements and people with Rogers get low or no signal so I feel superior lol
    Yea that's what I like about bell but if I could get a good Rogers signal in my house I would of went with Rogers cause I use data more than calling and their data speeds are pretty good. My data speeds are not bad with bell but my upload speeds in my area feel like they are being throttled cause I can't get over 1.7 Mbps up. I don't have LTE in my area yet but with 3G I can get about 14 Mbps down during off peak usage hours and about 7.5 Mbps down during peak usage hours. I still think carriers could lower there prices a little though cause I could get an iPad with LTE and get 5 GB of data for $40 instead of getting a smartphone but I'll save that for different thread

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5S (7.0.4) or 5th gen iPod Touch (7.1b2) using Tapatalk
    12-25-2013 09:00 AM
    I agree with you I get LTE in my area but still not fast enough but i am considering going to wind because they have great signal in my city might not be fast but they have unlimited everything for 59$
    12-25-2013 10:08 AM
    I agree with you I get LTE in my area but still not fast enough but i am considering going to wind because they have great signal in my city might not be fast but they have unlimited everything for 59$
    From what I've been hearing data speeds on wind are not that great at all.

On a side note I'll be in an LTE area for about a week or two so I'll see how it is on bell.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    12-26-2013 11:56 PM
    From what I've been hearing data speeds on wind are not that great at all.

On a side note I'll be in an LTE area for about a week or two so I'll see how it is on bell.

Yes!! Please keep me posted with your experience. I know winds data speeds aren't that string but it's unlimited though and they keep improving
    12-27-2013 02:35 AM
    Yes!! Please keep me posted with your experience. I know winds data speeds aren't that string but it's unlimited though and they keep improving
    Ok looks like I won't in that area for a week or two but I will be there for a day so I'll see how it is.

12-27-2013 10:05 PM
    I have to say bell's LTE network is not bad for responsiveness. But where I am I get a better 3G signal than LTE.

(LTE)
    BELL LTE Network-imageuploadedbytapatalk1388354144.674222.jpg

(3G)
    BELL LTE Network-imageuploadedbytapatalk1388354170.743362.jpg

Add-on: my phone keeps switching between 3G and LTE and I'm staying in one spot.

Last edited by acerace113; 12-29-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    12-29-2013 04:56 PM
    I have to say it's not bad when your in an area with good LTE coverage but when your in an area where it keeps switching back and forth it gets annoying but the network it self is really good just wish I had a higher data plan

12-31-2013 01:41 PM
    I find with bell I will have full bars or 4 bars and the network is slow
    12-31-2013 01:58 PM
    I find with bell I will have full bars or 4 bars and the network is slow
    Depends on how many people are using the same tower at once.

12-31-2013 02:21 PM
    Depends on how many people are using the same tower at once.

That's depressing lol
    12-31-2013 04:42 PM
    That's depressing lol
    I know lol, on my 4S I could have 5 bars and only get 1 Mbps down or it would connect to a tower farther away and I get only 1 bar but I could get 4 Mbps down.

12-31-2013 05:10 PM
    I find bell has more towers but Rogers towers are more powerful as in they are strong
    12-31-2013 11:41 PM
    I find bell has more towers but Rogers towers are more powerful as in they are strong
    It could be the way each carrier optimizes their network. I'm looking more for consistency than faster data speeds

01-01-2014 03:10 PM
    It could be the way each carrier optimizes their network. I'm looking more for consistency than faster data speeds

Which is bell since they have the most towers and you can be in the basement or in the hospital or even at Niagara Falls by the states and still got bell service where Rogers in Niagara Falls picks up the cell phone towers in the states and charges roaming
    01-01-2014 03:40 PM
    Bell is better for pretty much every place in Canada except metro Ontario. Rural communities across the country are better services by Bell /telus. I used to carry a device from both rogers and bell while travelling across country as rogers was exclusive in some areas and bell in others. I think the gap is closed now. They have signed a roaming agreement between the big three. But still get full lte in a small rural Newfoundland town with a population of 1500 2 hours from nearest city .
    05-05-2017 10:51 AM
    Which is bell since they have the most towers and you can be in the basement [...]
    Be careful with such statements, it's very YMMV. My mother has a semi basement condo and the only way for her to have cell service was through Rogers.
    09-14-2017 05:21 PM
    Bell is better for pretty much every place in Canada except metro Ontario. Rural communities across the country are better services by Bell /telus. I used to carry a device from both rogers and bell while travelling across country as rogers was exclusive in some areas and bell in others. I think the gap is closed now. They have signed a roaming agreement between the big three. But still get full lte in a small rural Newfoundland town with a population of 1500 2 hours from nearest city .
    I don't know if you've been everywhere in Canada but I can definitely tell you that, downtown Quebec City, Telus has a stronger signal than Bell. Even rural.
    09-14-2017 05:22 PM
    I have found that over the years Telus is stronger than Rogers in some areas I have been in less dropped calls however just my observations (especially in southern Ontario)
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    09-15-2017 05:37 AM