Just wondering if anyone knows if this is possible with bell in Canada

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Carrier: Bell Canada

If someone has 3 lines under one name and one line is eligible of an early upgrade, can that upgrade be used on a different line and if not can the phone that is bought after using the early upgrade option be switched with a phone on a different line that is under the same name?

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Should definitely be possible, people in the States do it all the time. And as long as you keep all three lines active and fulfill the contracts you should be fine.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I did contact bell just to make sure and they said that it is possible for me to do so. I'm just hoping I can still keep my current plan cause I don't want to pay $140/month instead of my current $70/month just so I can keep my 6 GB of data.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Update: after going to the bell store and finding out the contract canceling fees was going to be $185 (more than the phone is worth) but then they told me I could do a buyout (which was the word I was looking for this whole time) instead. But I had to contact bell's customer service since the phone is under a corporate plan. So I phoned and the buyout is $100 after that I could get a 5S and swap phone between lines. That was about 3 weeks ago, now my local bell store will be getting a 5S in soon. The only other fees are for porting the numbers over for $25/line and 2 new SIM cards which are free plus the activation few per line which will be free also. I know this is a month later but I completely forgot about it. So for those wondering I did get this solved and found out a bit more info about this process.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S coming very soon) using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
2nd update: after going to bell I found out that they can port the number to different phones but the plans don't transfer with the number plus no madder what way I did it, my plan would HAVE to change. So after about an hour trying to figure out what I could do I found out that I could do an early upgrade but I thought that it would cost me $200+ for my 4S cause I still have 13 months left in my 36 month contract but instead my early upgrade fee (and this surprised the **** of me) was $120 plus they would waive the line transfer fees & activation for all line swaps. So I took the early upgrade option and I had to pick a plan but I got lucky enough to get a loyalty plan since my phone is under my dad's name and he's been a bell customer for 20 years. So my plan is now $80 instead of $70 but I kept my 6 GB of data and gained a few more features so I'm happy. Overall this was confusing and I don't recommend anybody in Canada on any carrier to do this.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2