Beats Fit Pro

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Wow.
I just found that in the Bluetooth-settings for the Beats Fit, you can in fact set them to Siri. This can be defined for the left and/or the right earpiece. You have to give up on noise control settings instead, or you can define left-Siri and right-noise control. Or vice versa.
You can also turn on volume control: left for more and right for less volume. But then you have to sacrifice Siri/noise control, of course.
This is a great finding for me. I only switch noise control via settings or control center on the iPhone, never on the earpiece - as I want to know exactly which mode I turn on or off.
I think I'll set both sides to Siri.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow.
I just found that in the Bluetooth-settings for the Beats Fit, you can in fact set them to Siri. This can be defined for the left and/or the right earpiece. You have to give up on noise control settings instead, or you can define left-Siri and right-noise control. Or vice versa.
You can also turn on volume control: left for more and right for less volume. But then you have to sacrifice Siri/noise control, of course.
This is a great finding for me. I only switch noise control via settings or control center on the iPhone, never on the earpiece - as I want to know exactly which mode I turn on or off.
I think I'll set both sides to Siri.

KOOL . That's how I have mine set.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
And now for something completely different.
The lid of the case for the Beats Fit Pro, when closed, is a little wobbly in the hinge (also when open, but less than when closed, surprisingly). Not much, but enough to concern me. Anyone else having this problem? Or did I get one from a bad batch and should get a replacement?
The lid of the case for the Powerbeats sits steady as a rock.

It doesn't seem as solid as the APP case with a sizable metal hinge visible but on the whole it seems okay in a way where it is also less expensive. Time will tell but I feel it's a winner product with lots of strong features between existing AirPods models and it brings more features to an Android user.

More than case worries, I had an APP break in warranty and outside of warranty. I hope the earpieces themselves are tougher than AirPod Pro.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
And now for something completely different.
The lid of the case for the Beats Fit Pro, when closed, is a little wobbly in the hinge (also when open, but less than when closed, surprisingly). Not much, but enough to concern me. Anyone else having this problem? Or did I get one from a bad batch and should get a replacement?
The lid of the case for the Powerbeats sits steady as a rock.

My lid on the BFP is pretty solid, however the case is not of the same quality as the earbuds themselves. I also wish it had wireless charging to be honest.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My lid on the BFP is pretty solid, however the case is not of the same quality as the earbuds themselves. I also wish it had wireless charging to be honest.

I keep thinking some aspects of Beats Fit Pro tells us about the next AirPods Pro.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
After speaking with Apple support, I decided to go for a replacement. It should arrive tomorrow. Will post here if the lid/hinge is more solid.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I finally took the time to purchase a pair of Beats Fit Pro earbuds and in summary, I like them and plan to keep them. In my opinion, they sound better than my AirPods Pro, but not by a lot. The bass is fine, but cannot compare to the base that’s generated with my Jabra Elite 75t earbuds. ANC and transparency are on par with the AirPods Pro. The overall sound is clean, crisp and clear.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I finally took the time to purchase a pair of Beats Fit Pro earbuds and in summary, I like them and plan to keep them. In my opinion, they sound better than my AirPods Pro, but not by a lot. The bass is fine, but cannot compare to the base that’s generated with my Jabra Elite 75t earbuds. ANC and transparency are on par with the AirPods Pro. The overall sound is clean, crisp and clear.

What color did you get?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh OK. I've never seen the white pair in the wild (so to speak..LOL ).

7862b1c6b3f6f89938b71f0d9008f5cf.jpg

Reactions: Spencerdl

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a pair last week after the Plantronics earbuds I've been using for workouts lost battery capacity after 5 years. I loved those Plantronics; too bad they don't make them anymore.

Anyway, Beats Fit Pro - fantastic replacement so far. One thing that I loved about the Plantronics is that they were relatively open-ear, so sounds like cars coming from behind were easy to distinguish. Transparency mode on the BFP are even better. I hear birds singing, I even hear neighbors in their driveways 35' away saying hello as I walk by. The two roads that cross at the ends of my road are very busy, and I can quickly put on noise cancellation so that the trucks and cars going by don't drown out the podcasts I am listening to. Seamless transition among my devices, including to my Apple Watch, is also great; I walked this morning without my phone for the first time in a long time and the watch played podcasts just fine. I've had one issue, and it was just this morning - I put the buds in and went to play from phone (before I decided to walk without it) and the Beats weren't connected, and weren't even in the list of devices in Settings / Bluetooth. I had to long-press the button to re-pair them to my phone (which said that they weren't mine). I hope that doesn't happen again.

I'm very happy that I bought these.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR