Beats Fit Pro

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
The way the BFP fit to my ears are totally different than my AirPods Pro and I don't really need any third party ear tips for a better fit like I do with my AirPods Pro. Thanks for the info though

They also make them for AirPods Pro, if you’re interested.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that the Transparency mode on the BFP is not as transparent since the last iOS update of 15.2.1...or is it just me?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up these eartips off Amazon. Saw a review for them. They’re a gel like material, and will, with the aid of your body heat, conform to your ear. They are comfortable, but do allow a little sound to bleed through. If you’re interested, AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC 2 Pairs... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BRB1KJ...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3276120

I took a second look at these and I'm thinking about giving them a try. The Comply Foam Tips I use are great except over time they tend to get soft and rip which renders them useless. Thanks for posting the link.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that the Transparency mode on the BFP is not as transparent since the last iOS update of 15.2.1...or is it just me?

Nevermind. User error. I just un-paired and paired again, and Transparency Mode started working properly.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
How's the fit with that little tip thingy?

Great for me. They are more secure than my AirPods Pro have been with different fit efforts. Best comfort ever with a beats or seal type. The small gaskets pass the iPhone fit test and not with AirPods Pro for me.

I bought these after another AirPods Pro failed and when crackle sounding figuring I could still fix the latter.

The only negative is I feel the AirPods Pro are better hearing aids.

Considerations: While the buttons are generally superior to AirPod squeeze, I found my winter ski/bike helmet ear covers can activate them easily. I cannot fit the carry case in pants pocket as well as AirPods Pro.

While I could return them to Apple Store, I have my doubts it will happen. They are a really great product.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
All I can say is when I reach for a set of earbuds, I reach for my Beats Fit Pro first. My AirPods Pro have become my secondary set.

A bad APP outside of AppleCare drove my beats purchase. At this point the general use, comfort, seal and sound have my doubting I'll return the beats. I do believe my APP are better hearing aids. The Fit Pro noise cancelling is a bit different. They let some fan type noises in a bit more but it's not obnoxious.

Overall I keep caring less about case size because fit, surety of the fit and music are just so great.

One downside. My winter helmet for biking and skiing ear flaps will trigger the buttons of the Fit Pro and not APP but trying to actuate the APP and jamming inside hat and hood are what I believe did them in.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
A bad APP outside of AppleCare drove my beats purchase. At this point the general use, comfort, seal and sound have my doubting I'll return the beats. I do believe my APP are better hearing aids. The Fit Pro noise cancelling is a bit different. They let some fan type noises in a bit more but it's not obnoxious.

Overall I keep caring less about case size because fit, surety of the fit and music are just so great.

One downside. My winter helmet for biking and skiing ear flaps will trigger the buttons of the Fit Pro and not APP but trying to actuate the APP and jamming inside hat and hood are what I believe did them in.

It's been my experience that the BFP noise cancelation is not only different but better than the/my two years old APP, with the better fit of the BFP and two years of advancement my ears prefer the noise cancelation of BFP.

Try this song with multiple different instruments. I actually had to turn it down going from my APP to my BFP. Excellent overall quality of sound and of course including Bass.
44dd8bab51ec42ed90d4a9e9f3351d1a.jpg

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I don't know. I received the much anticipated BFPs today. Have been using the Beats Pro since they got released.
To me, the sound of the BFPs is disappointing, compared to the BPs. It's metallic and not as bassy as on the BPs. I compared them 1:1 with all kinds of music, and voice. I think it's instantly noticeable. Maybe not, if you don't compare them 1:1 - then the BFP may sound decent for headphones of that tiny size. Yes I tried all 3 different ear gel sizes, and all possible transparency settings, and it made no difference.
I also miss the volume keys more than I thought (but it's understandable that they no longer fit on something that much smaller). And, I miss being able to ask Siri by pushing and holding one of the side buttons (they are now used to change noise suppression modes on the BFPs. I wasn't aware of that when ordering the BFPs). I don't have 'hey Siri' active, for reasons.
I will carry on with some testing, but as per now, I tend to returning them and to keep my BPs.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It's been my experience that the BFP noise cancelation is not only different but better than the/my two years old APP, with the better fit of the BFP and two years of advancement my ears prefer the noise cancelation of BFP.

Try this song with multiple different instruments. I actually had to turn it down going from my APP to my BFP. Excellent overall quality of sound and of course including Bass.
44dd8bab51ec42ed90d4a9e9f3351d1a.jpg

I'm a bit fan of New Mastersounds and Lack Of Afro! That produces the great definition the beats have. Too bad it's not Atmos/Spatial mixed.

Maybe I should make an "Atmos" or "Spatial" playlist to capture the tracks made or remixed that way. They're generally outstanding with both earbuds.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know. I received the much anticipated BFPs today. Have been using the Beats Pro since they got released.
To me, the sound of the BFPs is disappointing, compared to the BPs. It's metallic and not as bassy as on the BPs. I compared them 1:1 with all kinds of music, and voice. I think it's instantly noticeable. Maybe not, if you don't compare them 1:1 - then the BFP may sound decent for headphones of that tiny size. Yes I tried all 3 different ear gel sizes, and all possible transparency settings, and it made no difference.
I also miss the volume keys more than I thought (but it's understandable that they no longer fit on something that much smaller). And, I miss being able to ask Siri by pushing and holding one of the side buttons (they are now used to change noise suppression modes on the BFPs. I wasn't aware of that when ordering the BFPs). I don't have 'hey Siri' active, for reasons.
I will carry on with some testing, but as per now, I tend to returning them and to keep my BPs.

Interesting. My experience with the Powerbeats was a little different. I found them to be bulky (case, earbuds and loop), and bass heavy while overpowering vocals and other instruments, while my BFP gave me a greater overall sound while maintaining a superior bass sound as well. All (including headphones) of my Beats purchases prior to my BFP went back to the store because of the bass heavy sound and lack of vocals and other instruments, (I also listen to a large variety of different types of music) where we fast forward two years and Beats sound has improved to where I will be keeping my Beats Fit Pro. I guess I've been use to having Siri increase/decrease volume so the volume buttons on any of my tech has become obsolete..LOL

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Interesting. My experience with the Powerbeats was a little different. I found them to be bulky (case, earbuds and loop), and bass heavy while overpowering vocals and other instruments, while my BFP gave me a greater overall sound while maintaining a superior bass sound as well. All (including headphones) of my Beats purchases prior to my BFP went back to the store because of the bass heavy sound and lack of vocals and other instruments, (I also listen to a large variety of different types of music) where we fast forward two years and Beats sound has improved to where I will be keeping my Beats Fit Pro. I guess I've been use to having Siri increase/decrease volume so the volume buttons on any of my tech has become obsolete..LOL
I agree the PBs are bulky, that's why I was looking forward to the BFPs.
Now I find the BFPs to be more fiddly to put them on than the PBs....and easier to drop! Oh well.
I never had any other Beats than the BFP, so I can't say anything about their sound qualities...all I can say is that I find the PBs a little more bassy, but not too much. Just enough to provide a more pleasant listening experience for me!
But I want to stress that this is a very personal assessment, the BFPs by no means sound bad, and like I said before, one may only notice a difference when comparing them directly, and even then, the BFPs may sound better for other people's ears.
And, they are tiny, the case is small, they fit perfectly (good news for people like me who can't use Air Pods because they instantly pop out), noise suppression works well, making phone calls works well (I made a few in the meanwhile), so nobody should refrain from trying them out because of 'bad' sound quality.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
…. I guess I've been use to having Siri increase/decrease volume so the volume buttons on any of my tech has become obsolete..LOL

“Hey Siri, increase the volume by 20%”. Works like a charm doesn’t it?… ;)

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I agree the PBs are bulky, that's why I was looking forward to the BFPs.
Now I find the BFPs to be more fiddly to put them on than the PBs....and easier to drop! Oh well.
I never had any other Beats than the BFP, so I can't say anything about their sound qualities...all I can say is that I find the PBs a little more bassy, but not too much. Just enough to provide a more pleasant listening experience for me!
But I want to stress that this is a very personal assessment, the BFPs by no means sound bad, and like I said before, one may only notice a difference when comparing them directly, and even then, the BFPs may sound better for other people's ears.
And, they are tiny, the case is small, they fit perfectly (good news for people like me who can't use Air Pods because they instantly pop out), noise suppression works well, making phone calls works well (I made a few in the meanwhile), so nobody should refrain from trying them out because of 'bad' sound quality.

Yesterday I played same content with AirPods Pro, the Fit Pro, older AirPods, other bud type, my Sony and B&W headphones. I know other beats from my daughter's. What the new Fit Pro are if anything is just more balanced than many of their products are and more like AirPods Pro as far as seal.

Where the balanced nature really stood out was putting on my wired B&Ws. Those B&W didn't have the spatial audio or punchy definition but they showed the fit pro to have good overall tone.

The Fit Pro seemed less fiddly to me after handling them differently. I pinch them from sides not touching the buttons.

Nothing's really perfect here. I've pointed out in other posts how my winter helmets (bike, ski) can activate them more easily than others but they sure stay in and sealed compared to AirPod Pro. I can hear surroundings and don't feel plugged or pressure like some buds.

If someone doesn't want to ask Siri to change volume, there's a perfect excuse to get an Apple Watch.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday I played same content with AirPods Pro, the Fit Pro, older AirPods, other bud type, my Sony and B&W headphones. I know other beats from my daughter's. What the new Fit Pro are if anything is just more balanced than many of their products are and more like AirPods Pro as far as seal.

Where the balanced nature really stood out was putting on my wired B&Ws. Those B&W didn't have the spatial audio or punchy definition but they showed the fit pro to have good overall tone.

The Fit Pro seemed less fiddly to me after handling them differently. I pinch them from sides not touching the buttons.

Nothing's really perfect here. I've pointed out in other posts how my winter helmets (bike, ski) can activate them more easily than others but they sure stay in and sealed compared to AirPod Pro. I can hear surroundings and don't feel plugged or pressure like some buds.

If someone doesn't want to ask Siri to change volume, there's a perfect excuse to get an Apple Watch.
I found that all wired headphones that I tried out sounded better than any wireless headphones that I ever tried (including the Air Pods Max).
Of course not the cheapest of the cheap wired ones. But also not top high end headphones. I usually use good quality middle class headphones in the $/€ 150-300 price range.
So whenever I really want to sit back and actively listen to music, I always use wired headphones.

I'm using the Beats when being too lazy to fiddle with cables, or when being on the road, or in the gym, or when making phone calls.

I agree with a little practice and holding them differently, the BFPs are less fiddly to put them on. However, I'm way more afraid of dropping them than the PBs. On the positive side, thanks to the tiny size of the BFPs, you don't have a wobbly piece of something standing out from your ear like a cork from a wine bottle. And something that fits many ears better and more firmly than the Air Pods.

On changing the volume with an Apple Watch: I have one, but this doesn't work well for me. Only for Spotify, it instantly displays some controls, including one for the volume. This is not always (or not always instantly) the case with Apple Music, and I don't know why.
When making phone calls - and this is my most common use case for volume changes - it mostly does not give me the volume adjustment option at all, or if it does (usually when I was listening to Spotify before), it moves the volume slider, visibly even on the phone, but it does not react, the volume does not change. I guess this is still the Spotify volume change, and not for the phone call. Although it says 'iphone' on the Watch's screen, not Spotify. I am confused.

So, either user errors (or improper handling), or software issues, or both.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
And now for something completely different.
The lid of the case for the Beats Fit Pro, when closed, is a little wobbly in the hinge (also when open, but less than when closed, surprisingly). Not much, but enough to concern me. Anyone else having this problem? Or did I get one from a bad batch and should get a replacement?
The lid of the case for the Powerbeats sits steady as a rock.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I found that all wired headphones that I tried out sounded better than any wireless headphones that I ever tried (including the Air Pods Max).
Of course not the cheapest of the cheap wired ones. But also not top high end headphones. I usually use good quality middle class headphones in the $/€ 150-300 price range.
So whenever I really want to sit back and actively listen to music, I always use wired headphones.

I'm using the Beats when being too lazy to fiddle with cables, or when being on the road, or in the gym, or when making phone calls.

I agree with a little practice and holding them differently, the BFPs are less fiddly to put them on. However, I'm way more afraid of dropping them than the PBs. On the positive side, thanks to the tiny size of the BFPs, you don't have a wobbly piece of something standing out from your ear like a cork from a wine bottle. And something that fits many ears better and more firmly than the Air Pods.

On changing the volume with an Apple Watch: I have one, but this doesn't work well for me. Only for Spotify, it instantly displays some controls, including one for the volume. This is not always (or not always instantly) the case with Apple Music, and I don't know why.
When making phone calls - and this is my most common use case for volume changes - it mostly does not give me the volume adjustment option at all, or if it does (usually when I was listening to Spotify before), it moves the volume slider, visibly even on the phone, but it does not react, the volume does not change. I guess this is still the Spotify volume change, and not for the phone call. Although it says 'iphone' on the Watch's screen, not Spotify. I am confused.

So, either user errors (or improper handling), or software issues, or both.

I have to agree. Bluetooth hasn't caught up to wired just yet in sound quality for the most part, however the convenience of wireless for me outweighs the sound quality for my everyday use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73