PowerBeats Pro

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So the AirPods 2 didn't completely do it for me so I didn't jump at pre-ordering them. I wasn't a fan of what I saw when it came to battery life.

And boy am I glad I waited....

The PowerBeats Pro?! Those are definitely a must purchase as my AirPods replacements.

What are your thoughts on them?

dgreening

Mar 20, 2019
Visit site
when I bought the wireless beats @ $199 was pushing it so not buying them at $249. I did get the AirPods because I don't like the hook around the ear, especially when wearing sunglasses.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I do like the availability of different colors especially the BLACK, however I'm not a fan of the ear hooks, I find them to be very uncomfortable on my ears and could never wear them for long periods of time especially 9 hours (if that's accurate). I actually forget that my Airpods are even in my ears, I almost got in the shower with them in one time...laughing.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I do like the availability of different colors especially the BLACK, however I'm not a fan of the ear hooks, I find them to be very uncomfortable on my ears and could never wear them for long periods of time especially 9 hours (if that's accurate). I actually forget that my Airpods are even in my ears, I almost got in the shower with them in one time...laughing.

I hear you. I don't foresee myself keeping them in for a complete 9 hours to cause discomfort but I'm definitely interested in the ability to not have to charge them multiple times during my workday. But yes, the AirPods are incredibly comfortable.

when I bought the wireless beats @ $199 was pushing it so not buying them at $249. I did get the AirPods because I don't like the hook around the ear, especially when wearing sunglasses.

Yes, the price is a little steep. But for what I'd be gaining coming from AirPods, it's a little easier to justify.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I recall, after a few months, the BeatsX were discounted fairly heavily during sales (about $99) at some stores, like Best Buy. Hopefully we'll see some good sale prices on these -- though I suppose much of it will depend on how well they sell at $249.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Love these because I love my powerbeats!! The earhooks cause me no issues with or without my glasses..probably because I have really small ears LOL. Although I have my Bose Soundsport frees, I’ll definitely be getting these. I love options and having 2 pair of wireless headphones is always a plus.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the 1st Gen Air Pods got them last summer, used them for walking and were good so long as I had the silicone covers on them which is annoying. Jumped at the Air Pod 2nd Gen but returned them once they arrived since the beats pro were announced as coming and the longer battery life, hoops to hold them in place will work a lot better. Now of course we have to wait another few weeks or so.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Ive tried airpods a couple times and just aren't for me. By themselves they are comfortable, but I am not confident that they will stay in my ears, and I have had them fall out on several occasions. Got some silicone hooks and they stay in like that, but its a pain to put on/take off the hooks after every use, because they have to go in the case after each use or they would end up dead. Not to mention the hooks put pressure on the inside of my ears and cased pain after a while. I was just about to replace my aging powerbeats 3 (bought when they were released) when these were announced so the timing couldn't be more perfect. I'll be pre-ordering/ordering as soon as they are available. The combination of comfort, fit, and battery life sounds perfect. And from the reviews, the audio quality has been greatly improved as well.

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried the AirPods but I think they look stupid and I'm one of those people that can't get them to stay secure in my ears. I just got my Powerbeats Pro today, and after a few hours....

WOW!

I also have a pair of the Jabra Elite 65ts and the Powerbeats Pro sound much better (and better than the AirPods) and are more comfortable. Although the Jabras are hard to dislodge, the Powerbeats Pro, of course, are much less likely to fall out and are still super comfortable. I love the black color (and really appreciate the black Lightning cable which I will use in my car for my iPhone charging mount because it's more discreet).

The default tips give the best sound, IMO. The larger ones will give you more bass, but it's not needed. The controls are easy to use....

Anyway, Apple nailed it!

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I tried the AirPods but I think they look stupid and I'm one of those people that can't get them to stay secure in my ears. I just got my Powerbeats Pro today, and after a few hours....

WOW!

I also have a pair of the Jabra Elite 65ts and the Powerbeats Pro sound much better (and better than the AirPods) and are more comfortable. Although the Jabras are hard to dislodge, the Powerbeats Pro, of course, are much less likely to fall out and are still super comfortable. I love the black color (and really appreciate the black Lightning cable which I will use in my car for my iPhone charging mount because it's more discreet).

The default tips give the best sound, IMO. The larger ones will give you more bass, but it's not needed. The controls are easy to use....

Anyway, Apple nailed it!

Supposed to get mine on Monday, been a while since I was truly excited about a set of headphones.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Grabbed my Powerbeats Pros yesterday. So far, audio quality is too notch. Loving it. Comfort is a bit of a concern though and I’ve also experienced random stops in audio playback. Gonna give it a few days and see how things go.

But man do they sound good. Gonna hurt my heart if the comfort is too big an issue to get past.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW