Powerbeats 3 Hands On

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if it is worth it to upgrade from PowerBeats 2 to 3? I haven't had any issues with the battery or bluetooth so in my opinion it would need to be a big upgrade in sound but I haven't seen or heard anybody compare the 2.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if it is worth it to upgrade from PowerBeats 2 to 3? I haven't had any issues with the battery or bluetooth so in my opinion it would need to be a big upgrade in sound but I haven't seen or heard anybody compare the 2.

Honestly, probably not. If you use them as like all day earbuds, maybe. They are just pretty expensive and there isn't a new design or anything.

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, probably not. If you use them as like all day earbuds, maybe. They are just pretty expensive and there isn't a new design or anything.

Thanks. I just didn't see they benefit of upgrading right now, maybe when/if PB4 comes out but I just haven't read anything to say it is a must upgrade.

Fable

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Just an update.. I didn't get any skipping using the phone. I saw those issues mentioned with BT and Apple Car Play too (Still going to get a new car with it in a few months) but using the phone wasn't an issue on the run.

barlong

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I was on one yesterday and am about to go another in a few minutes. What do you need to know? (Besides how slow I run :). )

Currently i own a iPod nano and wired headphones but I am thinking to switch to an Apple Watch and beats 3.

Do they stay one while you run?
Are they comfortable while you run? How long are you running?
Have you tried to run with Apple Watch and beats?

Thats all for now and thank you for your time

Fable

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
- Yep they do remain on while running.. that is not to say that I don't have to "fix" the fit from time to time. I live in New England and it was cold up until this weekend.. so depending on how you wear the wire (in front, on head or in back) it has the potential to rub against clothing / hoods and move.

Are they comfortable while you run? How long are you running?
Very comfortable although as previously mentioned this has a lot to do with messing with the additional earcups and the general size of your ears. I run about 30 mins offroad on back trails. I also take them for walks with the dog as I use them for phone calls.

Have you tried to run with Apple Watch and beats?
Absolutely - the Series 2 and the PB3 work amazing together. I love being able to leave the phone behind and still have access to my music. Its been a flawless experience (with the exception of when coming back into range of the phone - slight 10 second sync).

barlong

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
The below is the most important thing. I live in Greece and the weather here is good throughout the year. I imagine I will have the wire behind my head.
I have ordered the series 2 and will replace my Garmin for running. I run for 50 min usually out in the street.
The perfect scenario is to use Apple Watch to replace my iPod nano and also use the beats.
So final question if you only have a t-shirt will you need fixing during the runs?

- Yep they do remain on while running.. that is not to say that I don't have to "fix" the fit from time to time. I live in New England and it was cold up until this weekend.. so depending on how you wear the wire (in front, on head or in back) it has the potential to rub against clothing / hoods and move.

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
My plan was to wait for the Airpods but after reading a really good review on the Powerbeats 3 (at Apple Insider) I decided to upgrade my Powerbeats 2. Picking them up this afternoon.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I got my Powerbeats3 over the weekend and so far I love them. The battery life is crazy. I use them to sleep with (binaural beats) 5 hours, then I use them to listen to podcasts while I get ready for the gym 2 hours, then music at the gym, 1 1/2 hours. After all that I am still only at 50% battery :)

I throw them in the Mophie charge case I picked up and they charge while I shower and get ready for work and I am good to go for the rest of the day.

They pair quick and I have tested them switching between all of my iCloud Apple devices and its flawless. iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad Pro (both of them) and two rMBPs. I click the BT icon and pick Powerbeats3 and poof, audio is coming from that device.

I have the Powerbeats2s as well and I feel like the Powerbeats3s seal the ear canal better and because of that sound a bit better. And I know its small, but I love that the PB3s don't have a battery cover. I ripped the ones off of my PB2s because it was annoying to open the flap to charge them.

I am going to keep putting them through the paces and see how I like them a month from now. But for now I have removed all of the other BT headphones I had paired with my phone and using these exclusively.

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
After 1 night and a workout this morning with the new Powerbeats 3 here are my impressions.
- very easy to pair
- fit even better than Powerbeats 2
- sound is a little crisper to me

I do have one disappointment: I do not like the case that is included with the 3's, the case for the 2's was far better quality. It was easier to pack the headphones in the 2 case, I feel I have to stuff it in the 3 case and it doesn't zip closed.

However I did fix that issue by purchasing a 2 case on eBay for $7.50. It should be here on Friday.

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase of the Powerbeats 3.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The rubber squeezy case is horrible. I picked up the Mophie charge case and it is AWESOME!!!... My headphones are always fully charged now and the Mophie case is about the same size as the old Powerbeats zipper case. Worth every penny.

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
The rubber squeezy case is horrible. I picked up the Mophie charge case and it is AWESOME!!!... My headphones are always fully charged now and the Mophie case is about the same size as the old Powerbeats zipper case. Worth every penny.

I just went out and looked for the Mophie case. I didn't know that was out there. I am going to see how it goes with charging and if I have a real need for the battery case I will be purchasing it. Thanks for this information.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
That is an amazing find Bamf. Boom - adding it to my XMAS list.

Yeah for real worth it. It has pass through charging too, so it will charge the Powerbeats before the case.

Oh and BTW, I ran a 5k this morning with the PB3s for the first time they worked awesome. I usually wear my Bose corded headphones since they let sounds in, but the PB3s worked perfectly. They didn't bounce around and there was no wind hum.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I also feel like the cases on Beats don't hold up well. My Solo3 case is fraying at parts after having the headphones for a little over a month, and it feels like the cans aren't meant to fit in the case. The Studio Wireless is a lot better, but could use a pouch for the cables like the Solo3 has.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the review on these. I just replaced my PB2s with the PB3s and other than the strange rubber case they came with, im happy with the upgrade. I agree with what someone said above, they seem to seal the ear canal better which helps produce a fuller sound. Battery life is just awesome, it seemed like I was always charging the PB2s when I used them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR