12-19-2013 06:29 PM
    12-19-2013 06:41 PM
    Yep. I think former members of Crackberry will love this.
    12-19-2013 07:32 PM
    Good news.
    12-19-2013 11:56 PM
    I can't wait for it to make it's way to iOS
    01-03-2014 02:26 PM
    The Android version of BBM with these features was released as a beta to a limited group today. Hopefully this means an official version for both iOS and Android isn't far behind...
    01-04-2014 02:50 AM
    The Android version of BBM with these features was released as a beta to a limited group today. Hopefully this means an official version for both iOS and Android isn't far behind...
    That's certainly the hope. I really hope it's within a two week time frame.
    01-04-2014 03:08 AM
    I think before BlackBerry and BBM get too carried away with BBM4ALL they need to get the simple delivery and receiving of messages to iOS and Android right.

Once done, they can offer more and more features. Delivery and receiving of messages over BBM on iOS and Android is VERY inconsistent. Even more so on international data traffic. But BlackBerry BBM to BlackBerry BBM is always virtually instantaneous.

Yep, true story. I've been testing for months...
    01-04-2014 08:04 AM
    I think before BlackBerry and BBM get too carried away with BBM4ALL they need to get the simple delivery and receiving of messages to iOS and Android right.

Once done, they can offer more and more features. Delivery and receiving of messages over BBM on iOS and Android is VERY inconsistent. Even more so on international data traffic. But BlackBerry BBM to BlackBerry BBM is always virtually instantaneous.

Oh ok, I haven't had any issues with sending or receiving BBMs on any of my devices
    01-04-2014 10:36 AM
    Oh ok, I haven't had any issues with sending or receiving BBMs on any of my devices
    Maybe the issue is with people who used to have a BlackBerry. I'm not sure why there is an issue exactly. But there is one. A shame really...
    01-04-2014 11:50 AM

I think it may have something to do with whether or not the app is being left open in the background on iOS and Android. On a BlackBerry, BBM is baked right into the OS, whereas on the other OSs it's not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-04-2014 12:29 PM
    Good point. And in my case, I typically keep the app running in the background. Others may not. I guess I like the simplicity when using BBM on my Z10...

I think it may have something to do with whether or not the app is being left open in the background on iOS and Android. On a BlackBerry, BBM is baked right into the OS, whereas on the other OSs it's not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-04-2014 04:41 PM

Amen to that.
    01-04-2014 06:11 PM