Profile pictures not displaying properly

niss63

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm on the Z10, but several family members and friends / employees are using iPhones with BBM. These users have created profiles and uploaded pictures of themselves for their avatar in the group. However, the iOS user's pictures don't display in their contact or in any messages sent prior to uploading their picture. Since they all created their account prior to uploading their picture, their contact doesn't show their pic.

Have any friends you noticed this? Or is it a setting that needs to be corrected?

FWIW, it only affects those on iOS - Android and BlackBerry are working normally.

Thanks.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Wish I could provide more info, but I removed it already.... Hopefully someone with BBM installed with be able to replicate the same and offer a solution.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I was having problems getting my profile pic to show (I'm using an iPhone 5 on iOS7). My BBM contacts couldn't see anything but the generic shadow person even though I could see the pic I selected for my avatar. After the last BBM update I was forced to log back into BBM when I opened it. I went into my profile and re-selected the same picture for my profile and for some reason between the BBM update/logging in/re-selecting the profile pic, my BBM contacts were finally able to see my profile pic correctly. I don't know which one of those things made it work, but they should make sure they are using the latest version of BBM, try logging out and logging back in, and then re-selecting their profile pic. Sorry I don't have a great answer for you. I'm finding there are still a few quirks with the iOS version.

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
I was having problems getting my profile pic to show (I'm using an iPhone 5 on iOS7). My BBM contacts couldn't see anything but the generic shadow person even though I could see the pic I selected for my avatar. After the last BBM update I was forced to log back into BBM when I opened it. I went into my profile and re-selected the same picture for my profile and for some reason between the BBM update/logging in/re-selecting the profile pic, my BBM contacts were finally able to see my profile pic correctly. I don't know which one of those things made it work, but they should make sure they are using the latest version of BBM, try logging out and logging back in, and then re-selecting their profile pic. Sorry I don't have a great answer for you. I'm finding there are still a few quirks with the iOS version.

While this may work the fastest, generally BBM display pictures will just eventually just start displaying on their own. They slowly populate over time and once populated will remain that until changed.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW