Like the title says, did Apple buy Balckberry, and do you get charged for using it? I know it may seem dumb but this is honestly my first time using anything developed by Blackberry.

Tappin' and talkin' from my iPhone 4
    10-23-2013 10:14 PM
    No they didn't buy Blackberry.
    No you don't get charged for using BBM (for now anyway).
    10-23-2013 10:22 PM
    Nope, BBM is free in the App Store
    10-23-2013 10:24 PM
    But, I did read earlier today that former Apple CEO John Sculley is contemplating a bid for BlackBerry...

Ex-Apple CEO Sculley mulling BlackBerry bid: report | Reuters
    Brutal Efficiency likes this.
    10-23-2013 10:43 PM
    I read that earlier too, Fausty.

Anyway, it doesn't make sense for Apple, to company, to buy BlackBerry as they are not directly aiming for the same markets, even though their two markets overlap massively.

IF Apple bought BlackBerry, they would take it apart and use the NOC for new services and iTunes.

Apple would never buy BlackBerry because they would never want to admit that they found any parts of BlackBerry desirable. Which isn't a bad thing. If I were Apple I wouldn't buy BlackBerry either, I would just make competition to BlackBerry services.

BlackBerry make a lot of services that Apple doesn't yet have a competitor for, and won't in the near future either.
    HAWK and ghundiraj like this.
    10-23-2013 11:41 PM
    I read that earlier too, Fausty.

Anyway, it doesn't make sense for Apple, to company, to buy BlackBerry as they are not directly aiming for the same markets, even though their two markets overlap massively.

IF Apple bought BlackBerry, they would take it apart and use the NOC for new services and iTunes.

Apple would never buy BlackBerry because they would never want to admit that they found any parts of BlackBerry desirable. Which isn't a bad thing. If I were Apple I wouldn't buy BlackBerry either, I would just make competition to BlackBerry services.

BlackBerry make a lot of services that Apple doesn't yet have a competitor for, and won't in the near future either.
    I agree with this statement for sure. It wouldn't make any sense for apple to pursue blackberry
    10-24-2013 12:02 AM
    I'm sure if Blackberry gets broken up, Apple will be one of the bidders especially if their patents go up for sale separately from other pieces.
    10-24-2013 08:09 AM
    One of apples former CEOs is now the boss of rim

I'm glad I left android for iOS
    10-26-2013 09:59 PM
    10-26-2013 10:30 PM
    On Friday on fox business I believe it was said its a done deal and on cnbc.. I believe could be wrong. But wasn't it reported that Apple snagged up around 2000 rim employees?

I'm glad I left android and came to iOS
    10-26-2013 11:17 PM
    On Friday on fox business I believe it was said its a done deal and on cnbc.. I believe could be wrong. But wasn't it reported that Apple snagged up around 2000 rim employees?

No, there is no done deal. Nothing even close concerning Sculley.
    10-27-2013 10:39 AM
    If it happens which it's very close cause just got done watching money matters on cnbc (money is being discussed) I hv a feeling apple and rim will join to collaborate on new products ...bob and iOS combined...pretty sweet

10-27-2013 12:12 PM
    How would rumours of a former Apple CEO showing interest in Blackberry possibly translate to Apple buying/ partnering with blackberry?

You're making this stuff up, and not doing a very good job. The only deal that's any ways close to happening is the Fairfax one. No major news sites have any other details on other potential deals being anywhere close to complete.
    10-27-2013 01:53 PM