Why should I use BBM on my iOS device

rbrar03

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
It works when you know the other persons PIN number - the glitch has always been for me that if they change devices it doesn't work. I'm fine with iMessage and Viber.

Not true, with BBID, the contact updates as soon as they sign into a new device. The pin changes silently. This was only the case back in 2008/9 before BBID came out.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Alot of replies saying that they are "good with iMessage and X" or with "kik and X" and the thing that came to mind was why are you using two apps to do what you can do with one? If your system works then fine i mean my Motorola Razr worked well before and after the iPhone introduced so I didnt change it till i had too.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The iMore BBM group is growing in numbers so much so that we are exceeding the group's 35 simultaneous connections limit. Whether you like it or not, BBM for non-Blackberry devices is the latest craze. I don't know anyone outside of the forums who uses BBM or a Blackberry, but that didn't stop me from testing it out, and I'm glad I did. I'm having a blast chatting with the community via the iMore BBM group and with my fellow moderators and ambassadors individually. Will it last? Maybe. Maybe not. I can always delete the app if I feel I no longer wish to use it. So why should you use BBM on your iOS device? Give it a try. You may find that you like it. If not, simply delete it from your device and move on.
'D I totally get what you are saying and especially with what I bolded but I am still entitlted to my opinion and I never once spoke down on BBM. I only voiced my opinion on what native app gets me by and nothing esle.
I can't think of a good reason, so it doesn't live here. Like me, all of my BBM buddies have moved on to other platforms. Don't really see the need to try to recreate the past.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away via Tapatalk.
This is exactly what I am saying and have said it no more than Fausty but Chris seems to want to remind me about how many times i have said something. Thank you for the reminder but MY past is MY past and it is with BBM, That's all and this is not to be taken badly. End of my conversation about BBM ok?

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
'D I totally get what you are saying and especially with what I bolded but I am still entitlted to my opinion and I never once spoke down on BBM. I only voiced my opinion on what native app gets me by and nothing esle.

This is exactly what I am saying and have said it no more than Fausty but Chris seems to want to remind me about how many times i have said something. Thank you for the reminder but MY past is MY past and it is with BBM, That's all and this is not to be taken badly. End of my conversation about BBM ok?

Oh come on Jag, please tell us more! (Yup, just me being a smart A$$!). I may try it just for giggles...who knows maybe it will result in a happy dance!😉

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your concern to my using BBM and why I should use it or at last try it. This is not a sarcastic answer in any way but I as stated would like to just stick where I am by using my Native app on my iPhone, Nothing more or less. It works for me and i don't need to try it. I did that dance for many years at CB and i am simply moving on and so before i get accused again of talking to much about it I will finish here and let it stand where I want to stay. Thank you.:)

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
The iMore BBM group is growing in numbers so much so that we are exceeding the group's 35 simultaneous connections limit. Whether you like it or not, BBM for non-Blackberry devices is the latest craze. I don't know anyone outside of the forums who uses BBM or a Blackberry, but that didn't stop me from testing it out, and I'm glad I did. I'm having a blast chatting with the community via the iMore BBM group and with my fellow moderators and ambassadors individually. Will it last? Maybe. Maybe not. I can always delete the app if I feel I no longer wish to use it. So why should you use BBM on your iOS device? Give it a try. You may find that you like it. If not, simply delete it from your device and move on.

is that why i can't join the group?

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your concern to my using BBM and why I should use it or at last try it. This is not a sarcastic answer in any way but I as stated would like to just stick where I am by using my Native app on my iPhone, Nothing more or less. It works for me and i don't need to try it. I did that dance for many years at CB and i am simply moving on and so before i get accused again of talking to much about it I will finish here and let it stand where I want to stay. Thank you.:)

Your welcome!😏

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Okay, but you do realize that my above comments were NOT directed at you or anyone else in particular, right?

Fortheus

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I start liking BBM for the read receipt and cross platform. Does active chat with BBM drain battery for iPhone for you?It drains my battery very fast. Like 1% every 2-3 minutes when using LTE.

I never use BB before but I think it's due to BBM keep fetching status (typing, sent, delivered, read), anyone can confirm this?

I also found that when I turn off cellular and only use wifi it improves a lot.

btw, if I join group, is there any way to mute the group? I don't want my group keep notifies me while I'm working/sleeping. Whatsapp can do this

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I can't think of a good reason, so it doesn't live here. Like me, all of my BBM buddies have moved on to other platforms. Don't really see the need to try to recreate the past.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away via Tapatalk.

Okay, but you do realize that my above comments were NOT directed at you or anyone else in particular, right?
Yes 100% I do. I answered it the way I did only for one reason. Because Mods and Ambassadors were mentioned and wanted to let you know that I have no trouble at all getting in touch with you when I need you for something no matter mail, message or any other way. The sole reason I answered you both the way I did. Hope you are good with that 'D

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Does active chat with BBM drain battery for iPhone for you?It drains my battery very fast. Like 1% every 2-3 minutes when using LTE.

This is one of the reasons I'm hesitant to try BBM. I'm very happy with my current battery life and connectivity using iMessage.

hamsterwheel

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
While I totally understand the hesitancy with some folks to try this and really the idea of why do we need another messaging app is also valid, if someone else rather than BlackBerry released another messenger app, how many iPhone, Adnroid etc users would download and try? I bet many. Everyone wants to try next new thing to come out. How on earth do you think Instagram took off? I've dl countless im apps in search of the one that I liked and allowed me to stay in touch with my cross platform friends. None felt right....I finally stuck with Whatsapp because it was the best I thought next to BBM, IMO. Now that BBM is available I'm stoked. Most of my whatspp contacts have dl it and are enjoying it. If they don't like it, they have the option to delete just like I deleted Kik, pingchat etc....

No one is forcing anyone to do anything. But what harm is there in at least trying it for yourself? Keep BlackBerry out if it and think of it as another IM app to try.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I won't doubt the motives of the OP because it was a very well written post. But it is a new account that has a total of three posts and all are about bbm.
I don't think any thread or post should ever be judged on how long the person has been a member or how many post counts they have...especially after making the comment about not doubting the motives of the post. It is good and makes sense or it does not.

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
This is one of the reasons I'm hesitant to try BBM. I'm very happy with my current battery life and connectivity using iMessage.

When first downloaded, it will spend time updating you on your new contacts and groups so there will be more battery drain. Afterwards it will have more or less drain, just like any IM app, the more or less you use it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think the people who want to try it should. People who are happy with the way their messaging is setup should be happy and carry on.

There hasn't been any battery issue for me. I don't have many contacts yet so maybe it will change later.

I got six family members to join up today. Two have Android, two have Blackberry, and the other two are also iPhone users. We all were able to talk to each other and send pictures amongst each other. It was amazing and was how the native messaging app should work. The first time I heard about it I was excited to use it. Not because it was from Blackberry but because it had features I loved. It being cross platform, the group chat and the ability to send media via the app.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s

ghundiraj

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
When first downloaded, it will spend time updating you on your new contacts and groups so there will be more battery drain. Afterwards it will have more or less drain, just like any IM app, the more or less you use it.

Also, initially since it is a novelty, it will be used more than what your routine usage will be.
Being part of groups also means that you will have multiple messages coming into your device (like 20 people sending you an iMessage at the same time, every 20-40 seconds :)) so be careful about joining only groups that you really want to. Even then, you can disable the notifications to conserve battery.

Once the initial adding of friends and reconnecting on groups is over, you will have a better grip on what your routine battery drain will be.

LP&HG