Deleted. not sure why i got all mixed up in the hoopla anyways

follow me on Instagram Yo! - imgonzy

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Deleted. not sure why i got all mixed up in the hoopla anyways

follow me on Instagram Yo! - imgonzy
For the same frenzy reason everyone else did Blink. It was last minute last night and everyone wanted on to the old new bad boy....I saw it like this...When I left BB for iPhone 2 years ago I left everything BB including BBM and now I have iMessage. Why would I want anything associated with BB on my iPhone...especially after all the hassles last night. Nothing changed, Same app new platforms that's all and that is just my own opinion.

I have also had many people tell me that they were going to download it but not not use it because they do that all the time. Now I can't get them out of my email giving me their PIN which I don't need or want on an app I will not be installing. It is just another old app to me that RIM failed at miserably years ago and now they get to do it on other platforms. I wish you all the best and it will be interesting to see how many this time next week still have it if they are honest.

Last edited:

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I did the same, but not before I explored the eyesore of an app. God that interface is terrible, feels completely out of place on an iPhone. They could have at least put lipstick on the pig and designed it with an iOS 7 style interface rather than the awful BB10 interface.

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
I did the same, but not before I explored the eyesore of an app. God that interface is terrible, feels completely out of place on an iPhone. They could have at least put lipstick on the pig and designed it with an iOS 7 style interface rather than the awful BB10 interface.

I agree they could have given it a bit more love but then you know people would just complain about how it looks different on different platforms. I think having it consistent across all was the best way to go to avoid all of that.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I agree they could have given it a bit more love but then you know people would just complain about how it looks different on different platforms. I think having it consistent across all was the best way to go to avoid all of that.

But peek, which at least has a purpose and is system wide on BB10, is completely pointless and cumbersome on iOS. Maybe if the app stays popular after the initial surge, they'll consider a better design.

Actually, looking at it again, I think the UI chrome for this app may be built in HTML5 (or some other universal framework) similar to the BB10 browser was (still is?) There are some definite tell-tale signs that were visible in the browser app as well.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Popular and IOS does not go together nor BBM as I have made it my feelings - Nothing against anyone who want to explore cross platform but not for me. i have a very good native app on my phone and will use that for my testing and iMessaging. Been working for 2 years so far with no problem so no reason to start asking everyone I message now for a PIN number if they even got BBM and I know plenty that did. Personally I am doing fined with my texting the way iPhone is handling it for me.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
guys, i had a Sekelani Zwambila moment and went for it. it's slow goings on the iMore group scene and just hard on the eyes in general

i guess you could say i had to try it so i can honestly say i dislike it

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
For the same frenzy reason everyone else did Blink. It was last minute last night and everyone wanted on to the old new bad boy....I saw it like this...When I left BB for iPhone 2 years ago I left everything BB including BBM and now I have iMessage. Why would I want anything associated with BB on my iPhone...especially after all the hassles last night. Nothing changed, Same app new platforms that's all and that is just my own opinion.

I have also had many people tell me that they were going to download it but not not use it because they do that all the time. Now I can't get them out of my email giving me their PIN which I don't need or want on an app I will not be installing. It is just another old app to me that RIM failed at miserably years ago and now they get to do it on other platforms. I wish you all the best and it will be interesting to see how many this time next week still have it if they are honest.

So in summary you don't really like it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711