Join the Official iMore.com BBM Group!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I see your point, but it really is a fun feature to have.

It's iMessage with a PIN number vs a Email .. I don't know one person who uses a blackberry anymore ... If this app came out in like 2008 I could see the use. But to each their own just because I don't know anyone who uses it doesn't mean others don't or wont.
I am glad to see blackberry finally opened it up but on the flip side wasn't bbm the one thing blackberry had vs others ?

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I tried scanning the barcode and as soon as it comes into focus BBM jumps right back to the group tab without adding the imore group. Anyone else experience this?

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I tried scanning the barcode and as soon as it comes into focus BBM jumps right back to the group tab without adding the imore group. Anyone else experience this?

We'll low and behold the imore group just showed up. Like 5 pr 10 minutes after I gave up trying to added it.

pcguy514

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
It's iMessage with a PIN number vs a Email .. I don't know one person who uses a blackberry anymore ... If this app came out in like 2008 I could see the use. But to each their own just because I don't know anyone who uses it doesn't mean others don't or wont.
I am glad to see blackberry finally opened it up but on the flip side wasn't bbm the one thing blackberry had vs others ?

There is alot more/new to BB10 and even BBM (voice/video calls / screensharing) than you would have seen in the old BBOS 7.1< granted some this are not there from the old bbos either.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

It's difficult to really compare iMessage with BBM. iMessage is like SMS on steroids, BBM, at least in its full featured variant (including voice calling, video chat, screen share, and channels), is more like a communication suite where text based messaging is just one of its abilities. If you're doing solely Apple to Apple communication, then iMessage+FaceTime is great, but of course not everyone you know is on iOS. That's why WhatsApp took off.

Sometimes I think we have to look at something for what it can do, as opposed to who's name is on it. It's not about who you know that owns a Blackberry anymore, but rather what you can do with the app that just happens to be made by BlackBerry that's available for multiple platforms. I'm part of this iMore BBM group where everyone uses an iPhone...the guys and gals there are just enjoying it for what it has enabled them to do, and I don't think could really care less that it's a BlackBerry app.

FlashFlare11

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
As a BlackBerry user of 4 years, I never used BBM. Even with all the great features that were added to the BB10 version, I wasn't attracted. However, once I joined my first BBM Group I understood why everyone loves BBM. My contact list went from 0 to 33 in little more than a month and is growing. It's tough to compare something like iMessage to BBM simply because they do separate things. Give BBM a chance!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

ghundiraj

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I'd be frustrated too. I have seen some force close then reopen the app, and it works for them.

There have also been instances of people signing in with different email addresses and it has worked for them.
On the other hand, I do have a friend who has been waiting for over 26 hours :(

ghundiraj

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site

Think of BB10 users as your Beta testers ;) They get the features first and once they say it's good enough for you, you get it :)
We currently have Voice Calls, Video Calls, Screen Share, Groups, Channels, and who knows what else we will be testing for you in the future :)

Slowly these features will also be available to iPhone users who want to give BBM a try.

Try it, if you like it, keep it. If not, you can always delete it. It's just an app in the end :)

LP&HG

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It's difficult to really compare iMessage with BBM. iMessage is like SMS on steroids, BBM, at least in its full featured variant (including voice calling, video chat, screen share, and channels), is more like a communication suite where text based messaging is just one of its abilities. If you're doing solely Apple to Apple communication, then iMessage+FaceTime is great, but of course not everyone you know is on iOS. That's why WhatsApp took off.

Sometimes I think we have to look at something for what it can do, as opposed to who's name is on it. It's not about who you know that owns a Blackberry anymore, but rather what you can do with the app that just happens to be made by BlackBerry that's available for multiple platforms. I'm part of this iMore BBM group where everyone uses an iPhone...the guys and gals there are just enjoying it for what it has enabled them to do, and I don't think could really care less that it's a BlackBerry app.

If the app had things that bbm actually has that would be awesome. Don't get me wrong when I had a blackberry I loved bbm and it was the one thing I missed most when I switched. I do think it's cool but to me it's just another IM app for people on cross platforms.
If they add screen share then I def would be using it.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Think of BB10 users as your Beta testers ;) They get the features first and once they say it's good enough for you, you get it :)
We currently have Voice Calls, Video Calls, Screen Share, Groups, Channels, and who knows what else we will be testing for you in the future :)

Slowly these features will also be available to iPhone users who want to give BBM a try.

Try it, if you like it, keep it. If not, you can always delete it. It's just an app in the end :)

LP&HG

Maybe in the future when the app itself not bbm on a blackberry can do something my phone can't already like screen share then I will def give it a try. Until then I'll stay native
I do see why everyone likes it thou

ghundiraj

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Maybe in the future when the app itself not bbm on a blackberry can do something my phone can't already like screen share then I will def give it a try. Until then I'll stay native
I do see why everyone likes it thou

I think some of them are ex-bb users who feel nostalgic.
Some are curious, for some it's the new thing on the market, for some, they may be existing BB users and have it on their BB, and might help them have it on there to keep groups separate...who knows why people do things :)

LP&HG