There is alot more/new to BB10 and even BBM (voice/video calls / screensharing) than you would have seen in the old BBOS 7.1< granted some this are not there from the old bbos either.
    Can u screen share on the bbm app ?
    10-23-2013 10:20 PM
    I'm mad you have to be on a waiting list to use it. It's ridiculous! How long before I get an email?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With it being the most downloaded app within a 24 hour time frame, you'd expect massive delays.
    10-23-2013 11:36 PM
    Can u screen share on the bbm app ?
    Yes. From. BlackBerry 10 to BlackBerry 10.
    10-23-2013 11:37 PM
    Yes. From. BlackBerry 10 to BlackBerry 10.
    In other words no lol
    10-23-2013 11:40 PM
    In other words no lol
    No, thus far, if you are on an iOS device.

Apparently BlackBerry intends to release updates that include Voice Calls, Video Calls, Channels... not sure about screen share.

Download it and see for yourself.
    10-23-2013 11:44 PM
    There is a lot more/new to BB10 and even BBM (voice/video calls / screensharing) than you would have seen in the old BBOS 7.1< granted some this are not there from the old bbos either.
    Except apps.
    10-24-2013 08:59 AM
    It's iMessage with a PIN number vs a Email .. I don't know one person who uses a blackberry anymore ... If this app came out in like 2008 I could see the use. But to each their own just because I don't know anyone who uses it doesn't mean others don't or wont.
    I am glad to see blackberry finally opened it up but on the flip side wasn't bbm the one thing blackberry had vs others ?
    It's difficult to really compare iMessage with BBM. iMessage is like SMS on steroids, BBM, at least in its full featured variant (including voice calling, video chat, screen share, and channels), is more like a communication suite where text based messaging is just one of its abilities. If you're doing solely Apple to Apple communication, then iMessage+FaceTime is great, but of course not everyone you know is on iOS. That's why WhatsApp took off.

Sometimes I think we have to look at something for what it can do, as opposed to who's name is on it. It's not about who you know that owns a Blackberry anymore, but rather what you can do with the app that just happens to be made by BlackBerry that's available for multiple platforms. I'm part of this iMore BBM group where everyone uses an iPhone...the guys and gals there are just enjoying it for what it has enabled them to do, and I don't think could really care less that it's a BlackBerry app.
    Azensun, bizzyqu, Eli_B and 3 others like this.
    10-24-2013 10:03 AM
    As a BlackBerry user of 4 years, I never used BBM. Even with all the great features that were added to the BB10 version, I wasn't attracted. However, once I joined my first BBM Group I understood why everyone loves BBM. My contact list went from 0 to 33 in little more than a month and is growing. It's tough to compare something like iMessage to BBM simply because they do separate things. Give BBM a chance!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Azensun, bizzyqu, Eli_B and 2 others like this.
    10-24-2013 10:22 AM
    I'd be frustrated too. I have seen some force close then reopen the app, and it works for them.
    There have also been instances of people signing in with different email addresses and it has worked for them.
    On the other hand, I do have a friend who has been waiting for over 26 hours
    10-24-2013 10:47 AM
    I am glad to see blackberry finally opened it up but on the flip side wasn't bbm the one thing blackberry had vs others ?
    Think of BB10 users as your Beta testers They get the features first and once they say it's good enough for you, you get it
    We currently have Voice Calls, Video Calls, Screen Share, Groups, Channels, and who knows what else we will be testing for you in the future

Slowly these features will also be available to iPhone users who want to give BBM a try.

Try it, if you like it, keep it. If not, you can always delete it. It's just an app in the end

LP&HG
    FlashFlare11 and Azensun like this.
    10-24-2013 10:55 AM
    It's difficult to really compare iMessage with BBM. iMessage is like SMS on steroids, BBM, at least in its full featured variant (including voice calling, video chat, screen share, and channels), is more like a communication suite where text based messaging is just one of its abilities. If you're doing solely Apple to Apple communication, then iMessage+FaceTime is great, but of course not everyone you know is on iOS. That's why WhatsApp took off.

Sometimes I think we have to look at something for what it can do, as opposed to who's name is on it. It's not about who you know that owns a Blackberry anymore, but rather what you can do with the app that just happens to be made by BlackBerry that's available for multiple platforms. I'm part of this iMore BBM group where everyone uses an iPhone...the guys and gals there are just enjoying it for what it has enabled them to do, and I don't think could really care less that it's a BlackBerry app.
    If the app had things that bbm actually has that would be awesome. Don't get me wrong when I had a blackberry I loved bbm and it was the one thing I missed most when I switched. I do think it's cool but to me it's just another IM app for people on cross platforms.
    If they add screen share then I def would be using it.
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    10-24-2013 11:43 AM
    Think of BB10 users as your Beta testers They get the features first and once they say it's good enough for you, you get it
    We currently have Voice Calls, Video Calls, Screen Share, Groups, Channels, and who knows what else we will be testing for you in the future

Slowly these features will also be available to iPhone users who want to give BBM a try.

Try it, if you like it, keep it. If not, you can always delete it. It's just an app in the end

LP&HG
    Maybe in the future when the app itself not bbm on a blackberry can do something my phone can't already like screen share then I will def give it a try. Until then I'll stay native
    I do see why everyone likes it thou
    10-24-2013 11:48 AM
    Maybe in the future when the app itself not bbm on a blackberry can do something my phone can't already like screen share then I will def give it a try. Until then I'll stay native
    I do see why everyone likes it thou
    I think some of them are ex-bb users who feel nostalgic.
    Some are curious, for some it's the new thing on the market, for some, they may be existing BB users and have it on their BB, and might help them have it on there to keep groups separate...who knows why people do things

LP&HG
    10-24-2013 12:53 PM
    Why can't I join this group?
    10-24-2013 09:32 PM
    I scan the barcode yet doesn't show up in my group
    10-24-2013 09:55 PM
    Why can't I join this group?
    I scan the barcode yet doesn't show up in my group
    Ditto.
    10-24-2013 10:46 PM
    Ditto.
    I just read a bbm group can only have 30 members.

#bummer
    10-24-2013 11:22 PM
    Finally imore BBM group but how can I add

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-24-2013 11:32 PM
    I just get in
    10-25-2013 12:37 AM
    I just read a bbm group can only have 30 members.

#bummer
    Not quite.
    A group can have no more than 35 members actively participating in a chat.
    Any excess above that waits for a spot to open up.
    I'm in now, will leave later so others can participate.
    Though I'm not sure how I go about leaving yet.
    10-25-2013 06:21 AM
    Not quite.
    You can go look at the group profile to see who is the admin. Just let them know and they'll remove you from the group.
    10-25-2013 09:20 AM
    Not quite.
    To leave a group, tap and hold the group's icon. A menu should appear on the right side of the screen. Tap on the icon at the bottom depicting a door with an exit arrow.
    10-25-2013 09:27 AM
    To leave a group, tap and hold the group's icon. A menu should appear on the right side of the screen. Tap on the icon at the bottom depicting a door with an exit arrow.
    I always forget about that option.
    Just_Me_D and ghundiraj like this.
    10-25-2013 09:39 AM
    I always forget about that option.
    It's all good, my friend...
    10-25-2013 09:46 AM
    If the app had things that bbm actually has that would be awesome. Don't get me wrong when I had a blackberry I loved bbm and it was the one thing I missed most when I switched. I do think it's cool but to me it's just another IM app for people on cross platforms.
    If they add screen share then I def would be using it.
    I do hope they bring the iOS and Android versions to feature parity soon, and that it doesn't become of their usual "coming soon" announcements.
    10-25-2013 10:43 AM
89 1234