Is there a way for one Pin to be on multiple devices?

jalsaeed

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I have two iphones and would like to use only one pin for both devices, because I want to get my messages on both devices.
So is there a way of doing it?

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Not at the moment. Currently Blackberry is allowing using a blackberry ID on one device at a time. So if you log in with it on one device it will log out on the other device.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Basically it seems -- you may want to test this yourself -- that when you log in from one phone and then the next, you lose your chat history.

But maybe that isn't so -- maybe it follows your logins...

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Basically it seems -- you may want to test this yourself -- that when you log in from one phone and then the next, you lose your chat history.

But maybe that isn't so -- maybe it follows your logins...

No, as far as I know, the PIN is unique to the device. When you change from one device to another, so use the same BBID, you get a different PIN but you won't notice as all your contacts follow the BBID. However, it will wipe your individual BBM chats. But your group chats will come back as the new device syncs. When you switch back to the first device with the same BBID, that will happen again. If you plan to switch a lot, get two BBID's.

How to set up and start using BBM for iPhone | iMore
Check this for general info.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
No, as far as I know, the PIN is unique to the device. When you change from one device to another, so use the same BBID, you get a different PIN but you won't notice as all your contacts follow the BBID. However, it will wipe your individual BBM chats. But your group chats will come back as the new device syncs. When you switch back to the first device with the same BBID, that will happen again. If you plan to switch a lot, get two BBID's.

How to set up and start using BBM for iPhone | iMore
Check this for general info.

When I switched from one iphone to another with the same BB id, it transferred everything. Interesting was the fact that it even used the same pin.

pcguy514

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
The Official answer as posted on the faq portion of BBM.com
"What is a PIN?
Unlike other instant messaging apps which use your phone number or email addresses as your identifier, BBM uses a PIN (personal identification number) so that you are always in control of who can contact you. This means you can share your PIN while maintaining your privacy and always being in control of who can contact you. When you install BBM on Android or iPhone, you will be assigned a new PIN. Your PIN is unique to the combination or your device and BBID.

BBM PINs are 8 characters long and randomly generated – they are totally anonymous and no one can send you messages in BBM unless they have your PIN, and you have accepted their request to add you to BBM.."

so if you swap a iphone 5 with another iphone 5 of the same size and use the same BBID then you will get the same pin. but swap a iphone 5 with a 5s for example even if you use the same BBID your pin will change.

same goes for using a second BBID on 1 phone (its a different pin)...

Hope this helps

jalsaeed

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I think that the pin should be linked to the BBID instead of being linked to the device that would be more convenient in my case.

pearlyrob

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
so its possible to use the same bbm for 2 devices? so i can log into my account on my ipad? if i log into my ipad, will i see my contacts as normal? can i just simply log back onto my iphone to get back to bbm on my phone? im kinda confused.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
so its possible to use the same bbm for 2 devices? so i can log into my account on my ipad? if i log into my ipad, will i see my contacts as normal? can i just simply log back onto my iphone to get back to bbm on my phone? im kinda confused.

You can use the same BBID on two devices, but only one can be signed in at a time. If you're using BBM on your iPhone, then sign on with the iPad with the same ID, it will cause your iPhone to be signed out. You can go back to your iPhone by signing back in to it. It's one PIN at a time to one BBID - its how the system is currently setup as native BlackBerry pins are hard coded to the device, instead of virtually generated like on iOS and Android.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Your contacts and groups are suppose to be backed up to your BBID automatically so they should all show up after you switch.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77