No sound notifications for BBM

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
I think BBM would need those system privileges like Facebook and Twitter to use iOS sounds. Don't know if they add their own sounds within the app. I'm guessing though.

It's an iOS limitation as you noted.. the Android version does allow you to change the notification sounds within the app.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Notifications sounds and badges working fine for me since installing the app (well, since getting the email, going to the app etc...you get it).

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if someone could help. I am getting NO notifications from bbm. All I get is the standard red star when I get a new message. I have tried to delete and re install and it won't work. Also in settings and notification center...I am not seeing the BBM app listed

Please help

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I was wondering if someone could help. I am getting NO notifications from bbm. All I get is the standard red star when I get a new message. I have tried to delete and re install and it won't work. Also in settings and notification center...I am not seeing the BBM app listed

Please help
Sounds like push is off completely. Did you make sure BBM isn't listed in the 'Do Not Include' portion as you scroll down in notification center settings?

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
You beat me to responding. Hard resetting made the app show up in notification centre. Thanks !

Also check Settings -- > Notifications --> BBM and change to No alert, Banner or Alert (I like Banner). You can also turn the notification sound on and off. Check there and play with it.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
It's an iOS limitation as you noted.. the Android version does allow you to change the notification sounds within the app.
WhatsApp has the 'within app' permission to change sounds for individual and group messages along with a whole lot of customisation for sounds and alerts. Don't see a reason why BBM should be denied.

whowint

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
hey dude, it seems the default notification setting for BBM is disable, so you won't hear the sounds.
just go settings-->Notification Center-->BBM-->Badge App Icon&Sounds (let them on), and it works. Try it. :cool:

GadgetGran

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
The only sound is a silly 'ping' sound for BBM on an iPhone. There is no setting to choose your own sound. Setting>Notification centre>BBM app only gives you the option to allow that 'ping' sound or not. Bit ridiculous I would say....

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know of a way to get the alert sound LOUDER? My wife and I both installed BBM on our 4 and 4S respectively and the alert is so low we usually miss it.

Any ideas?

iPhoneXT

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I was really excited for the cross-platform release of BBM, but I feared the issue of not being able to change the alert tone... And, of course, my fears were confirmed after downloading the application; there is not way to change the tone or vibration. I have run into this problem with several other third party apps... I love iOS, but this is a glaring issue that needs fixing ASAP. On my old Blackberry I could change the alerts for ANYTHING to my exact specs. This is really a bummer...

Mcwong

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Anyway to change the sounds for bbm? Can't find that option anywhere?

without option to change the tone, voice and video functions are useless on the iPhone. Incoming calls are inaudible. Even the ping shares the same inaudible tone as normal messages.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2