No sound notifications for BBM

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to get any sound notifications working. My regular text message sounds are working. Anybody else have this problem? I have tried a reboot.

I hope in the future this app will be updated so I can type in landscape mode. I hate typing in portrait!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Once I am able to use the BBM app that's installed on my device, I'll try to troubleshoot it for you. However, I'm still waiting in line...;(

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I get notification sounds, and now I can only listen to music on my phone if I put it in Do Not Disturb :/ not sure what you issue is. Did you allow push notifications?

Blazin' Tap Tap Tappity 2 You

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
Once I am able to use the BBM app that's installed on my device, I'll try to troubleshoot it for you. However, I'm still waiting in line...;(

Did you try the "trick" force closing the app then re-opening it? This worked for me and let me in pretty quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to get any sound notifications working. My regular text message sounds are working. Anybody else have this problem? I have tried a reboot.

I hope in the future this app will be updated so I can type in landscape mode. I hate typing in portrait!

I'm getting sounds. But the control is in settings>notification center>BBM app

curve1967

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I get notification sounds, and now I can only listen to music on my phone if I put it in Do Not Disturb :/ not sure what you issue is. Did you allow push notifications?

Blazin' Tap Tap Tappity 2 You

Music is working fine for me. When I get a BBM notification it just plays over the music

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I allowed push notifications. I also have sounds turned on in settings>notification center>BBM. I think I'll try uninstalling the app and reinstalling.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you try the "trick" force closing the app then re-opening it? This worked for me and let me in pretty quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was able to get it going without using the force close method. I merely selected that I had received the email and it took. Shortly thereafter, I actually received the email stating that I had moved to the front of the line....LOL

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Now that I'm all set up, I've received sound notifications when receiving BBMs.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok, reinstalling the app worked! Now I have a badge and a tone. However, I thought the tone would be the same as my text tone and its not. The tone is too short and quiet. On my iPhone, I use legacy blackberry notifiers like bikebell, chigong, eager, etc. I was hoping I would be able to select my bbm notification sound but I guess I should at least be satisfied that the sound works now.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming BBM uses my data as opposed to my text package?

The week is off to a great start-- BBM today, iPad announcement tomorrow! Yay!

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone help me? How do you have a nickname instead of the name bbm have me? It's like the beginning of my email then 4 numbers. I don't like that

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Anyone help me? How do you have a nickname instead of the name bbm have me? It's like the beginning of my email then 4 numbers. I don't like that

Touch the top where your Profile pic is and then go into 'My Profile' in the BBM app and change your name by backspacing out what they put in and putting in what you want

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh