BBM going live shortly.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
So can anyone SEND a location using BBM? I was able to send a location from my BlackBerry and the Android user received it. However, they cannot see an option to send a location to me.

So what is great about BBM for those that haven't used it ever:

Quick picture and video sharing
File Sharing
Location sharing (at least one BB so far)
Voice Note sharing
Appointment sharing
D and R
Uses a PIN and not a phone # (some may like this)
Saves chat history
Multiperson chat
Broadcast messages ( I hate this though, but it is useful at times)
Ability to set a status (available, away, etc)

All in one messaging app.

That almost sounds like Skype ... ;)

anon3700711

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Gmail had a queue, I remember waiting in queue long long ago and it took months.

Then why download it at all. I and you remember the BB days and why we are no longer and padding a number? Come on Karen it has not changed one bit from what it was a long time ago and never will be.

I dont think you have the fondest clue what you are talking about and if you do, you're just ignorant. BBM has a refined UI since the old days and the ablity to make video and audio calls which the latter two features coming by the end of the year across all three platforms.

One person answers and then reanswers and it goes on and on. Not interested ...Sorry! I will stick with what I have now in native iMessage/SMS

Funny enough that's how it works with iMessage and SMS except instead of being restricted to iPhones for iMessage, you can talk to users on Android and BlackBerry.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
don't you guys find it a little odd.. conversing with complete strangers

how long can you actually talk about Apple for??

anon3700711

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Stop having such a sense of self-entitlement. We all had wait to use Gmail and many other products from other companies, did we not?? Even Facebook made you wait originally as it was only for College kids and no one else.

nice. comparing BBM to Gmail and FB

is this the part where you announce you'll be here all week?

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Just loaded BBM on my iPhone this morning!!! Used Facebook and Twitter to let my contacts know and let 'er rip!! :dancing:

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
its take longs time to register due to huge users in que ..... so whats feedback if u have run BBM currently now...... hahahah

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep. The wait can be MANY hours.
Tap 'I got the email' periodically.
Myself and many others were able to get in before the email showed up in my inbox.

Haha congrats on being able to get in! I read the other thread after posting and read of similar experience as you so I tried to get in also but still can't. So guess I'll just continue to wait. Anyway I'm more than happy with iMessage and WhatsApp. Just wanted to give the famed BBM a try. Thanks!

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Wow people I'm so feeling mediocre here because I just don't get why I should even care about this ... BBM seems so important to you all, and I'm happy just using iMessage/Texting. OMG how could I be Amish and not even know it ... excuse me I have to go churn butter now, and raise a barn. :straight-face:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I got an email saying I was "at the front of the line" for getting into BBM...

One problem: I have not downloaded BBM for iOS... and I never got "in line"...

Weird.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow people I'm so feeling mediocre here because I just don't get why I should even care about this ... BBM seems so important to you all, and I'm happy just using iMessage/Texting. OMG how could I be Amish and not even know it ... excuse me I have to go churn butter now, and raise a barn. :straight-face:

BBM is more chatting than texting. It's just a different vibe. A few years back if you met someone with a BB. You could exchange BBM pins without giving a phone number or email. BBM didn't effect any text limit. When there was text limit on all cell plans. So you could talk to BB friends and not worry about text limits.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW