BBM going live shortly.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Come on BBM get it together I gave your app icon a primo spot on my first launch page now you need to come thru for me or your gonna end up sleeping with the NewsStand app

Sent from my iPhone 5

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I really would like to see it succeed. I haven't been very sympathetic towards Blackberry recently. But I'm going to cut them slack on this one. If it wasn't something people were interested in, there wouldn't be a wait time. If it takes off and people use it, no one will remember the first few days of release. I personally like the app on iOS. Nicely developed.

I have to agree with you, it's very clean and nice on the eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

carriv

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Late to the party per usual dang it I think BlackBerry is rubbing off on me but I had to LOL when reading through this thread and like the first half all I see is an Ambassador/Moderator onslaught of comments!!

BBM bleh,

View attachment 40691

Cause that's all it'll be good for.

Hardly used BBM as it is when I had my Blackberry Bold 9000 don't think I'll waste my time with this.

All that just to tell us that you're not using it? Can we say troll?

KamranMackey

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Which qualifies it as not having a constant connection.
No it doesn't. I just said that it always has a constant connection when you are at home or you are able to connect to Wi-Fi if there's an unlocked Wi-Fi network available or you know the password to the locked Wi-Fi network that you want to connect to.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I really hate being so dense, but what's the big deal here?
Step 1 : Obtain BBM client
Step 2 : Acquire time machine to travel back to 2006 to find BlackBerry users to chat with
Step 3 : Now what ???
:rolleyes:

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
It can?t be "'yes' except when it?s 'no'". Either it?s constant or it?s not.

For future reference:
Constant | Define Constant at Dictionary.com

To be fair, cell phones don't have a constant connection either. For example, if I go into the subway I will no longer have any connection at all (no fancy underground internet here). Same thing for certain buildings - I used to work in an old movie theatre where no one had a connection past a certain point.

But I understand what you're trying to say. A phone certainly has a more constant connection than an iPod. That being said, I don't think it was a wise decision on their part.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Kriilin Namek

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
To be fair, cell phones don't have a constant connection either. For example, if I go into the subway I will no longer have any connection at all (no fancy underground internet here). Same thing for certain buildings - I used to work in an old movie theatre where no one had a connection past a certain point.

But I understand what you're trying to say. A phone certainly has a more constant connection than an iPod. That being said, I don't think it was a wise decision on their part.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it uses the IMEI of your phone/ cellular tablet as part of it's encryption, which is why it's tied to a particular device, and requires cell capabilities.

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it uses the IMEI of your phone/ cellular tablet as part of it's encryption, which is why it's tied to a particular device, and requires cell capabilities.

That explanation would actually make a lot of sense. It's too bad though, as I could see a lot of people with wifi iPads and iPods downloading it.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
What would be nice is group texting with people who don't have iPhones. Whenever involved in a group text, sending a message to the masses results in those non-iPhone users getting the group text individually.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
So can anyone SEND a location using BBM? I was able to send a location from my BlackBerry and the Android user received it. However, they cannot see an option to send a location to me.

So what is great about BBM for those that haven't used it ever:

Quick picture and video sharing
File Sharing
Location sharing (at least one BB so far)
Voice Note sharing
Appointment sharing
D and R
Uses a PIN and not a phone # (some may like this)
Saves chat history
Multiperson chat
Broadcast messages ( I hate this though, but it is useful at times)
Ability to set a status (available, away, etc)

All in one messaging app.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73