BBM going live shortly.

ELavar

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'll pad their numbers by downloading it, but I doubt if I'll use it much. I don't know anybody that still had blackberries.

That's the thing, now that it's cross platform, you're going to know a lot more people that have it. It seems like A LOT of people are downloading it today.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What the heck! Why allow users to download an app and then make them wait to use it...#smh...If RIM/Blackberry wasn't prepared to handle the amount of users who plan to use BBM, whether for testing purposes or for long-term use, then they should not have released it. This is a fail, in my personal opinion.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
What the heck! Why allow users to download an app and then make them wait to use it...#smh...If RIM/Blackberry wasn't prepared to handle the amount of users who plan to use BBM, whether for testing purposes or for long-term use, then they should not have released it. This is a fail, in my personal opinion.

Just a way to get "in" an App Store ASAP.

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
It's already screwing up! It logged me out and now it tells me I'm in line to set up my acct. and I have to wait to get an email, WTH?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just saw this, as well... RIM is desperately trying to create some buzz. (Did you see what I did there?)
Yep this is a snip from the blog article we have on the blog side right now. If you signed up at BBM.com a while back you can start using it right away but like Fausty said with his yawn I feel the same way. It is on all the time, drains the heck out of your battery and perpetually goes around in a circle much like the 40-50 emails i got this weekend from CB people because of being on a mailing list about picture uploads. One person answers and then reanswers and it goes on and on. Not interested ...Sorry! I will stick with what I have now in native iMessage/SMS

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll pad their numbers by downloading it, but I doubt if I'll use it much. I don't know anybody that still had blackberries.
Then why download it at all. I and you remember the BB days and why we are no longer and padding a number? Come on Karen it has not changed one bit from what it was a long time ago and never will be.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well i will not argue with you there and you are 100% correct.... Just out of curiosity did you say that about mailboxes same system of waiting? Are you going to download it and try it or just pass on it like all of us ex-BB users that remember what BBM was like and still is? This is only a question 'D, in no way a beat down question. :)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Soon...... Breaking news... Users reporting BBM service down..... Give it time...

People used to riot when the NOC went down.....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well i will not argue with you there and you are 100% correct.... Just out of curiosity did you say that about mailboxes same system of waiting?
Not that I recall, but "Mailbox" was a start up whereas BBM has been around for years.
Are you going to download it and try it or just pass on it like all of us ex-BB users that remember what BBM was like and still is?
Already downloaded it. I received a tweet alert saying that it was available to download in the App Store so I immediately downloaded it.
This is only a question 'D, in no way a beat down question. :)
I did not take it as such, and no harm done....:)...Take care.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods