They are not the first company to do this.

I personally don't think it's a fail at all. A fail would have been releasing it to everyone and having it crash their servers.

It's working well, I tested it with a couple of friends who have BBs. Haven't been able to test it with anyone on iOS or Android yet but it will come in time. Patience.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    My issue with the queue is that they don't tell you your position in it like the Mailbox app did.
    10-21-2013 05:14 PM
    I downloaded BBM and didn't get a email. So I closed the app and opened it and it worked.

When I had a BB BBM was the best part of it.
    10-21-2013 05:22 PM
    Won't waste my time watching something that will not be installed on my phone or used.
    Well I for one appreciate you wasting your time posting about "something that will not be installed on my phone or used."
    10-21-2013 05:37 PM
    I hope it works for those who have been waiting for this.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    10-21-2013 05:45 PM
    I love BBM and will use it. I enjoy meeting new people. BBM was an avenue previously used to share wallpapers and all kinds of things. It was great on Blackberry and I plan to use it as well on IOS. If any one is interesting I'm open to meeting and corresponding with IOS users. You can send me a pm.❤️

Sent from my sweet southern soulful Iphone 5.
    ladyc0524, Chrisy and ritesh like this.
    10-21-2013 05:52 PM
    while i wait for my email can someone explain how this works

do we have a PIN or...
    10-21-2013 05:59 PM

do we have a PIN or...
    You may be able to get on without the email. I'm in and never got the email. Yup you'll get a pin. That you share with another user.
    BLiNK likes this.
    10-21-2013 06:10 PM
    yeah I cannot get in yet..
    10-21-2013 06:17 PM
    yeah I cannot get in yet..
    Ok cool
    10-21-2013 06:22 PM
    What the heck! Why allow users to download an app and then make them wait to use it...#smh...If RIM/Blackberry wasn't prepared to handle the amount of users who plan to use BBM, whether for testing purposes or for long-term use, then they should not have released it. This is a fail, in my personal opinion.
    lol how long have you been waiting now
    10-21-2013 06:31 PM
    Yeah this waiting crap is stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    kataran likes this.
    10-21-2013 06:36 PM
    I didn't even receive an email. Within two hours of registering my email, I just opened up the app a couple hours later and it asked for that email again. When I input it, it went ahead and let me sign in/and or create a Blackberry ID.
    kataran likes this.
    10-21-2013 06:39 PM
    Didn't pre Reg on BBM.com to bad now I have to wait

Sent from my iPhone 5
    10-21-2013 06:49 PM
    I didn't even receive an email. Within two hours of registering my email, I just opened up the app a couple hours later and it asked for that email again. When I input it, it went ahead and let me sign in/and or create a Blackberry ID.
    Same here
    10-21-2013 06:50 PM
    Just tried that went back to the email page. I will wait a little longer only been a half hour

Sent from my iPhone 5
    10-21-2013 06:52 PM
    Wow after signing up for the waiting list this afternoon I waited and waited. Still no email. I re-opened bbm and it said it was ready to work. Guess what, I can't use the BBID that I am currently using on my blackberry other wise I have to select to "switch" devices. I don't want to switch, I want to use both concurrently. So now I had to get on the waiting list with a different email address. What a mess. Why did it work even though I didn't get the email and now it doesn't?
    10-21-2013 06:56 PM
    this is a load of horse ****.

well done BB. why am I not surprised
    Fausty82 and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    10-21-2013 07:07 PM
    Wow after signing up for the waiting list this afternoon I waited and waited. Still no email. I re-opened bbm and it said it was ready to work. Guess what, I can't use the BBID that I am currently using on my blackberry other wise I have to select to "switch" devices. I don't want to switch, I want to use both concurrently. So now I had to get on the waiting list with a different email address. What a mess. Why did it work even though I didn't get the email and now it doesn't?
    Because RIM/BlackBerry is an incredibly incompetent company. The world was their oyster until they mismanaged everything and let it all slip through their fingers. They spent the last 10 years trying to catch the wind...
    BLiNK, Jaguarr40 and swarlos like this.
    10-21-2013 07:17 PM
    I have a BlackBerry. A friend installed the BBM on his Android, works great!!! He can only use BBM on one device. So he switched his BBID to his Droid and can no longer use it on his BlackBerry. Strange!
    10-21-2013 07:20 PM
    I have a BlackBerry. A friend installed the BBM on his Android, works great!!! He can only use BBM on one device. So he switched his BBID to his Droid and can no longer use it on his BlackBerry. Strange!
    Yep. You can't use the same BBM if on more than one device.
    10-21-2013 07:23 PM
    what a freakin joke. i'm about to shove this BBM up someone's ***
    kataran, Chrisy and swarlos like this.
    10-21-2013 07:24 PM
    what a freakin joke. i'm about to shove this BBM up someone's ***
    ... and that, dear children, is how our friend BLiNK finally earned his lifetime ban. ( <=== that was a joke... don’t think BLiNK is actually banned. )
    10-21-2013 07:26 PM
    YouTube vids are not loading on my Apple TV probably getting to many hits

Sent from my iPhone 5
    10-21-2013 07:29 PM
    I hope it works for those who have been waiting for this.
    I am perfectly happy talking and messaging with others on iPhone for iMessage or other phones and SMS using the native app. I have no need for what use to be and is meant really for BB even if now it can be used on iOS and Android.
    10-21-2013 07:33 PM

do we have a PIN or...
    By the time you get your email it will most likely be down anyway and something with BBs servers so don't get too excited Blink. LMAO
    10-21-2013 07:36 PM
174 12345 ...