BBM Release Date?

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I understood why they focused on what was essentially their bread and butter. I'd like to think that most businesses wouldn't want to risk losing its core base. I know I wouldn't. However, when the iPhone was introduced and made such a huge splash in this industry, someone at RIM should have started thinking outside the box and paying close attention to Apple and the changing smartphone landscape especially after witnessing the runaway success that Apple attained with the iPod. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20, right...:)

4 years ago I thought they should create a new consumer focused division.
It still might have been too late, they may have executed badly due to the biases of their corporate culture.
'What might have been' is just a whimsical distraction from 'What is'.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
4 years ago I thought they should create a new consumer focused division.
It still might have been too late, they may have executed badly due to the biases of their corporate culture.
'What might have been' is just a whimsical distraction from 'What is'.

No arguments from me, my friend...:)

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
What I don't understand is, I read that the Android version might be with beta testers now and when that passes they will roll out the iPhone version as originally planned. If there is nothing wrong with iOS version, why wait for Android to be ready. Why not just roll out iOS app?? Why should Android app dictate everything

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What I don't understand is, I read that the Android version might be with beta testers now and when that passes they will roll out the iPhone version as originally planned. If there is nothing wrong with iOS version, why wait for Android to be ready. Why not just roll out iOS app?? Why should Android app dictate everything
When I read that a while back, I thought the exact same thing - why wait to release the iOS version if nothing is wrong with it?

si001

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Fairfax ask them to put the launch on hold because they want to cancel the hole thing if they buy BB.
This is just a wild guess but, I mean, what could take so long...it was ready 2 weeks ago, and now, nothing.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they scratched the whole idea at this point. No updates from BB in 2 weeks.

jevalladares

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully Blackberry releases BBM soon. To this. Day there is no instant messaging solution like it. Whats app comes close but it still needs to work on its reliability issues.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I have serious doubts

If there is one thing I learned during my years of owning BB devices it is BlackBerry cannot be counted on for anything when it comes to releases and updates. I am still looking forward to having BBM on my iPhone but I won't believe it will actually happen until I see the app in operation on my phone.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
They covered themselves so much by saying within days. That could mean today that could mean next week that could mean next month and they wouldn't be wrong . what a joke!!

WhiteSpir1t

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Don't you guys get it? It'll probably never be released. They don't have the resources to sustain the network load.

They've lied about BB10 support on PlayBook just to move the inventory only to find BBRY flags rammed up the loyals' arses.

They no longer have much of anything going but a countdown to disintegration.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 <-----when a noose is hard to come by

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR