BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

Shark Week

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
just wanted to let you guys know that once BBM is available for your device, I would like to be the first to invite you guys to join my gaming channel...I cover everything that is gaming related, be it news, topics, reviews - whatever you could think of. You will not be disappointed, the app is amazing. See you guys soon!

Eminent Gaming

C00059602

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know when bbm will be avaliable to other platforms? I don't know much ppl who still use bbm but my sister have a q10 and sadly blackberry can't download tango and since bbm gonna be avaliable I guess I can use that to contact n video call my sister

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know when bbm will be avaliable to other platforms? I don't know much ppl who still use bbm but my sister have a q10 and sadly blackberry can't download tango and since bbm gonna be avaliable I guess I can use that to contact n video call my sister

BBM is supposed to be coming "this summer" according to BlackBerry. Given their recent track record, I would think closer towards the end of summer. It's suppose to launch initially only with the messaging component, but will have the video chat and screen sharing enabled later on.

Why not use WhatsApp and Skype with your sister for now?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It should debut on other platforms sometime this summer. That timeframe gives them anytime between now and September, basically. I would expect to see it in the late-July to Early-August timeframe. This is a very important product for them, and they're putting lots of resources on it to get it deployed.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

ELavar

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
BBM is supposed to be coming "this summer" according to BlackBerry. Given their recent track record, I would think closer towards the end of summer. It's suppose to launch initially only with the messaging component, but will have the video chat and screen sharing enabled later on.

Why not use WhatsApp and Skype with your sister for now?

Unfortunately, BlackBerry doesn't have those apps yet.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, BlackBerry doesn't have those apps yet.

Sure they do.

qanejyjy.jpg

avu8ydev.jpg

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Shark Week

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes we have those apps, but they aren't up to par quite yet with your guy's version. I guess thanks for the welcoming Sean. Didnt expect anything different. Anyway, I wanted to let you guys know that BBM is VERY good. So good, you wont need your other messaging apps anymore. I have a good friend of mine who is iphone crazy. With the whole Apple on his car and everything. He sees me using my BBM a lot lately and I told him what he's able to do. I then showed him Channels, which is included in BBM. It has potential to be a BIG social app like twitter. Its very fun to use. He played with it for a bit and now I catch him every time when I leave the room and return seeing him going through my channels, replying to people, posting stuff. He is THAT hooked on BBM Channels that he keeps asking when he sees me, "any update on BBM yet?"

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
LOL! Won't need messaging apps anymore huh? Good luck with that one bud. iMessage running across the spectrum of Apple devices alone renders that idea false...then we get into the features, lol.

BBM will be a very focused use app on the iPhone, it'll be used almost exclusively by people to converse with their BB loyal friends (for however long that lasts looking at how Blackberry is doing). These additional features will apply to a small niche, so good luck with your channel, I'm sure a couple of people will enjoy it, and more power to them for doing so.

No offense, but the BBM app is like an AED jolt to a pretty dead horse, lol.

YorkieRay

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
LOL! Won't need messaging apps anymore huh? Good luck with that one bud. iMessage running across the spectrum of Apple devices alone renders that idea false...then we get into the features, lol.

BBM will be a very focused use app on the iPhone, it'll be used almost exclusively by people to converse with their BB loyal friends (for however long that lasts looking at how Blackberry is doing). These additional features will apply to a small niche, so good luck with your channel, I'm sure a couple of people will enjoy it, and more power to them for doing so.

Sean, in a recent survey BBM was found to be the most popular messenger here in the UK, with almost twice the number of messages sent than with iMessage.

We will see how badly BlackBerry is doing when they release their latest report on Friday. In anticipation of the disaster that I'm sure you will be expecting, the share price has risen strongly this week. Following their last report, I would like to know how a company that has no debt and is currently making a profit could be facing imminent bankruptcy.

Meanwhile at Apple, the share price is back below $400 today following reports of high stocks of iPhones at retailers, reduced future orders for the iPhone and a queue for the exit at Apple due to low staff morale.

Apple Inc. (AAPL) Falling Stock Creates Employee Retention Problem

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sean, in a recent survey BBM was found to be the most popular messenger here in the UK, with almost twice the number of messages sent than with iMessage.

We will see how badly BlackBerry is doing when they release their latest report on Friday. In anticipation of the disaster that I'm sure you will be expecting, the share price has risen strongly this week. Following their last report, I would like to know how a company that has no debt and is currently making a profit could be facing imminent bankruptcy.

Meanwhile at Apple, the share price is back below $400 today following reports of high stocks of iPhones at retailers, reduced future orders for the iPhone and a queue for the exit at Apple due to low staff morale.

Apple Inc. (AAPL) Falling Stock Creates Employee Retention Problem

So in your argument/retort, you'll quote information about the cyclical nature of Apple's stock? lol...you do understand how reactionary it is...every...single...year. You could almost set a clock by it (or at the very least, a calendar). It's a roller coaster ride, and always has been.

And then regarding BBM's popularity in the UK, which unquestionably reflects the cost of messaging and data packages vs. other parts of the world, and in turn reflects why BBM is not that popular in places like the U.S. and other markets where these packages are cheaper and more consistently found. As much as Blackberry fans would like to think BBM will become this universally used and loved app, it's not going to happen in our market...you know it, I know it. I know this really fires you Blackberry fans up when you come over to iMore and find people who kind of see it for what it is here in the U.S., but let's face the facts, Blackberry is the 4th or 5th place finisher even with the new Z10 and Q10 hardware...you're the guys who get the pat on the back and the "good try" while others are accepting their trophies year in and year out. Do you honestly think the prehistoric "BBM" app is going to have this juggernaut entry into this smart phone environment? If so, come back when you've hovered back down to reality again and we'll further discuss it.

Lastly, I never said anything about BB facing bankruptcy, I said they're a dead horse (which I feel they are)...BB isn't going to completely go away, but watching their development and lack of real strong consumer market advancement, I think their consumer products are playing the swan song in that regard. I'm sure BB will continue finding success in the corporate world as they always have.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
So in your argument/retort, you'll quote information about the cyclical nature of Apple's stock? lol...you do understand how reactionary it is...every...single...year. You could almost set a clock by it (or at the very least, a calendar). It's a roller coaster ride, and always has been.

And then regarding BBM's popularity in the UK, which unquestionably reflects the cost of messaging and data packages vs. other parts of the world, and in turn reflects why BBM is not that popular in places like the U.S. and other markets where these packages are cheaper and more consistently found. As much as Blackberry fans would like to think BBM will become this universally used and loved app, it's not going to happen in our market...you know it, I know it. I know this really fires you Blackberry fans up when you come over to iMore and find people who kind of see it for what it is here in the U.S., but let's face the facts, Blackberry is the 4th or 5th place finisher even with the new Z10 and Q10 hardware...you're the guys who get the pat on the back and the "good try" while others are accepting their trophies year in and year out. Do you honestly think the prehistoric "BBM" app is going to have this juggernaut entry into this smart phone environment? If so, come back when you've hovered back down to reality again and we'll further discuss it.

Lastly, I never said anything about BB facing bankruptcy, I said they're a dead horse (which I feel they are)...BB isn't going to completely go away, but watching their development and lack of real strong consumer market advancement, I think their consumer products are playing the swan song in that regard. I'm sure BB will continue finding success in the corporate world as they always have.

Well,that's as closed to being owned as you can get.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Remember that one time when...ah hell, why beat around the bush...

BlackBerry misses low expectations, stock slumps - Jun. 28, 2013

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The real issue for me is that the same BB management who say this is coming is the group that told the BlackBerry faithful that all is good and that BBRY is on their way back to profitability.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The biggest piece of this puzzle that seemed to really fly by the BB loyal was before the new platform and OS even came out! Like LAST summer, when they were teasing this new Blackberry operating system, and then in the middle of it, right when their development would have been at its peak, there is this wave of information about a possible sale and that the Blackberry hardware would run Android OS. Now of course this didn't happen, and they did eventually release what was quite a revamped operating system on their new hardware...but what does that tell you about confidence of Blackberry, because you know they watched every inch of that development, and in the midst of it, they're about to sell out to one of their biggest competitors?

If Blackberry's own faith was that low to even SUGGEST the option was there for an android based device...consumers and investors should have been standing back watching the collapse from a safe distance. Whenever i would talk about this before, Blackberry faithful would jump on me like fire, telling me I was a fanboy and blah blah blah...when the reality is, I was just on the outside looking in and watching it without anything invested at all...and because i like development across the spectrum of smartphones, i WANTED them to succeed, but it's kind of like a bad accident, sometimes you just know that it's a lost cause to have hope. Blackberry is a sinking ship...it's now all but submerged (in the consumer market).

WhiteSpir1t

May 26, 2013
Visit site

Let's hope BBM doesn't serve as a gateway for trash talking lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox