BBM Going Cross Platform - Will You Use It?

Will you be using BBM on iOS?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I'll give it a try, not sure if I will fully switch to it.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Nope.

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jridgers

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
It's cross platform. You don't need someone on BlackBerry to try it. You can just download it, ask some fee friends on iOS or Android to get it too and give it a shot for few hours maybe you would like it more than WhatsApp. (at least it doesn't have the Last Seen feature, it instead tells you when the user actually read your message)

Thanks, I didn't know that. But that brings up another point - why use another app to message with people when 95% of my friends and family already use iOS which with iMessage already shows if the message was delivered, read, or the person is typing.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I didn't know that. But that brings up another point - why use another app to message with people when 95% of my friends and family already use iOS which with iMessage already shows if the message was delivered, read, or the person is typing.

Well, yes. If all your family and friends are on IOS, then that's a whole different case and iMessage should be enough. Unless you need to use BBM Groups to chat, and share pictures, calendar events and To-Do list. Also maybe you would want to give it a try later when BBM Voice is introduced also BBM Channels. I am sure you will like BBM Channels when introduced because simply it is a brand new innovative feature that you can never find it in any other IM.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It's cross platform. You don't need someone on BlackBerry to try it. You can just download it, ask some fee friends on iOS or Android to get it too and give it a shot for few hours maybe you would like it more than WhatsApp. (at least it doesn't have the Last Seen feature, it instead tells you when the user actually read your message)

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

Well said

I always heard about BBM and I want to try it. I don't know anyone that uses it but I will strong arm some friends into paying me to download this Free app so we can try it. Never know it might catch on

Sent from my iPhone 5

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone any idea when they will actually release this ?????? I keep checking in the App Store but nothing :(

According to their latest blog post it won't be this week, you can also sign up for an email alert when it goes love at BBM.com if you'd like.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, yes. If all your family and friends are on IOS, then that's a whole different case and iMessage should be enough. Unless you need to use BBM Groups to chat, and share pictures, calendar events and To-Do list. Also maybe you would want to give it a try later when BBM Voice is introduced also BBM Channels. I am sure you will like BBM Channels when introduced because simply it is a brand new innovative feature that you can never find it in any other IM.

There also several other apps you can use for group chats that are already out and working just fine. I use several programs for group chat like GroupMe.

It's not innovative. It's a Hail Mary play to save RIM's backside.

But hey, if that's your cup of tea, drink up.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
There also several other apps you can use for group chats that are already out and working just fine. I use several programs for group chat like GroupMe.

It's not innovative. It's a Hail Mary play to save RIM's backside.

But hey, if that's your cup of tea, drink up.

I didn't say the group chat was innovative, of course it's not. I meant BBM Channels, it's truly one of a kind.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
there were no officially BBM app in google play * app store ...... was blind update everyday have any new update for BBM today

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Don't be that girl.
Is not restricted to BlackBerry, so it has nothing to do about knowing a person with Blackberry to use it.

I will give it a try on my iPhone indeed.

I'm in the same boat as her. Why would I want to try another messaging app that may or may not work when Kik does what I need it to do? Everyone I message I either text or Kik. If it ain't broken....

wormcorpse

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as her. Why would I want to try another messaging app that may or may not work when Kik does what I need it to do? Everyone I message I either text or Kik. If it ain't broken....
That's a completely different story and it has nothing to do with what I said in my earlier post or in her choice for not using BBM. She said she won't use it because she knows no one with a BlackBerry phone, but you are talking about a personal messaging app preference.
I see no reason for you to quoting me, if you don't want to try BBM it's fine, I didn't said anything about app preferences at all.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
That's a completely different story and it has nothing to do with what I said in my earlier post or in her choice for not using BBM. She said she won't use it because she knows no one with a BlackBerry phone, but you are talking about a personal messaging app preference.
I see no reason for you to quoting me, if you don't want to try BBM it's fine, I didn't said anything about app preferences at all.

M-E-O-W

Calm down.

It's all tied together if you'll think for a minute. I, like the other poster, don't know anyone with a BB, so why would I use it?

I, like the other poster, use other programs for messaging, so why would I use BBM?

Get it now, or do you need another explanation?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Nope, not even giving it a second thought either. I don't know one single user of Blackberry so I cannot think of a reason to use the app.

But suppose your iPhone and android friends start using it? Wouldn't that be a reason to use it?

It's becoming cross platform for iOS and Android, not so you can only speak to your BlackBerry friends because they could always download WhatsApp amongst other messaging apps.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

wormcorpse

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
M-E-O-W

Calm down.

It's all tied together if you'll think for a minute. I, like the other poster, don't know anyone with a BB, so why would I use it?

I, like the other poster, use other programs for messaging, so why would I use BBM?

Get it now, or do you need another explanation?

Calm down? I'm not altered, what are you talking about? You are the one mad because I pointed you are wrong and you now it, your last sentence only demonstrates your anger. lol
It's still a completely different story, get over it. Why some people don't give up even if they know they are wrong? jezz

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Calm down? I'm not altered, what are you talking about? You are the one mad because I pointed you are wrong and you now it, your last sentence only demonstrates your anger. lol
It's still a completely different story, get over it. Why some people don't give up even if they know they are wrong? jezz

Whatever. Not arguing with you over YOUR opinion of whether I'm right or wrong.

Azensun

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
At first, I wasn't sure this was a good move for BlackBerry, but I'm starting to lean in the other direction. It's a great way to keep in touch with friends across different platforms! I hope they release it soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods