BBM Going Cross Platform - Will You Use It?

Will you be using BBM on iOS?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I'll give it a try, not sure if I will fully switch to it.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Nope.

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
There are reports that it out in New Zealand, but I haven't read of any other location.

It will be out in each and every country at 12:01 AM local time.
So we can say the whole of Asia and Australia got it now. It started rolling out in Europe and Africa. Americas last.

SneakySnufflez

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
There are few bugs in it from what I've experienced so far. Display pictures don't update. Can't send messages to anyone who is actually using a blackberry just other people who got the app on iOS for the short period that it was available.

Hopefully they launch it properly very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app😊

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
There are few bugs in it from what I've experienced so far. Display pictures don't update. Can't send messages to anyone who is actually using a blackberry just other people who got the app on iOS for the short period that it was available.

Hopefully they launch it properly very soon.

Yes, you cannot BBM those using the Beta BBM Channels on BlackBerry. Those on BlackBerry need to restore the official BBM instead.

Regarding the displayed picture I don't this it's related to the iOS client. This usually happens when BlackBerry servers get overloaded. And I am sure BlackBerry itself was not expecting that much people joining and that could be the main reason they paused the roll out as they got 1.1 million new BBM users yesterday.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

SneakySnufflez

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you cannot BBM those using the Beta BBM Channels on BlackBerry. Those on BlackBerry need to restore the official BBM instead.

Regarding the displayed picture I don't this it's related to the iOS client. This usually happens when BlackBerry servers get overloaded. And I am sure BlackBerry itself was not expecting that much people joining and that could be the main reason they paused the roll out as they got 1.1 million new BBM users yesterday.

I can't send messages to anyone using a blackberry, even people who aren't using a bb10 device. I could yesterday for about an hour or so, then it stopped. Every message I send to someone using a bb device just comes up with a tick beside it, no delivered notification, and that is regardless if they are using bb10 or older bb devices.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't send messages to anyone using a blackberry, even people who aren't using a bb10 device. I could yesterday for about an hour or so, then it stopped. Every message I send to someone using a bb device just comes up with a tick beside it, no delivered notification, and that is regardless if they are using bb10 or older bb devices.

That's weird, my dad can still BBM me on my BB10, I can't reply back since I have the Beta BBM.

SneakySnufflez

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
That's weird, my dad can still BBM me on my BB10, I can't reply back since I have the Beta BBM.

Messages are starting to deliver now apparently. No one replied me yet to be able to tell if it's working lol

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Apparently folks with the Channels Beta can now reply and see messages from iPhone BBM users. Personally, I've been able to message BB users since I downloaded the iOS app.

Last edited:

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean you don't get cell service at home?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

I live In a rural area, and around and in my house I can't find a cell signal, if I walk 50 feet down the road I do, but not around the house.

Sounds like my house and Sprint. People gave up calling me and just SMSed me asking me to call them since the calls never went through.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like my house and Sprint. People gave up calling me and just SMSed me asking me to call them since the calls never went through.

Lived in an apt once and had the same problem when I bought my townhouse the first thing I did when I checked it out with the reality was close myself in the hall closet and had my ex- wife call me just to make sure I had signal from sprint

Sent from my iPhone 5

jridgers

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Nope, not even giving it a second thought either. I don't know one single user of Blackberry so I cannot think of a reason to use the app.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Nope, not even giving it a second thought either. I don't know one single user of Blackberry so I cannot think of a reason to use the app.

It's cross platform. You don't need someone on BlackBerry to try it. You can just download it, ask some few friends on iOS or Android to get it too and give it a shot for few hours maybe you would like it more than WhatsApp. (at least it doesn't have the Last Seen feature, it instead tells you when the user actually read your message)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73