BBM Going Cross Platform - Will You Use It?

Will you be using BBM on iOS?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I'll give it a try, not sure if I will fully switch to it.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Nope.

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
why do they need a freakin manual for a chat program? LOL. This might be why they're struggling to compete. I didn't need a manual for apples entire phone much less imessage. Wow! LOL!

They don't need one, it's like Fingertips, it's nice to have but far from necessary

Chadha

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I may have couple. But even those who have they are desperately wanting to switch to either Android or IOS. Bb IS TOO BOIRNG.

Sent from my GSIII using Tapatalk

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for posting these links.

At one time, almost everyone in my family had BlackBerry phones and BBM was a great way to communicate. We have all moved on from BB but have yet to find a decent cross platform message app we all like. My children are all grown up and gone and, even though I'm sure none of us will ever own a BB device again, we are looking forward to BBM on iOS and Android devices.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It's coming soon. The Android version is already being advertised as "coming soon" on Samsung Galaxy devices. The iOS version won't be far behind.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

xamdam

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Well I am a BlackBerry z10 user and BBM video and over all app is far more superior then any other messaging app in the world and has been for years.

BBM is highly secure especially on a BlackBerry device and I am sure on ios and android it will be limited to those operating systems security features which we all know BlackBerry is far more superior in that regard as well.

Now that all being said and true, I still have my iphone 4 not a 4s model but no huge difference and I will try BBM out on it for the fun of it even though I have a z10 and love it on it.

Now BBM on android and ios you don't need to have a BlackBerry friend to BBM as you can do so from iphone to iphone and android to android and ios to BlackBerry and ios to android and android to BlackBerry and android to ios and so forth.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Well I am a BlackBerry z10 user and BBM video and over all app is far more superior then any other messaging app in the world and has been for years.

BBM is highly secure especially on a BlackBerry device and I am sure on ios and android it will be limited to those operating systems security features which we all know BlackBerry is far more superior in that regard as well.

Now that all being said and true, I still have my iphone 4 not a 4s model but no huge difference and I will try BBM out on it for the fun of it even though I have a z10 and love it on it.

Now BBM on android and ios you don't need to have a BlackBerry friend to BBM as you can do so from iphone to iphone and android to android and ios to BlackBerry and ios to android and android to BlackBerry and android to ios and so forth.

LOL BBM secure...it uses a freakin global crypto key and DES encryption. That can be decrypted in real-time.
iMessage uses a private key, and AES 256 encryption. Much more secure than BBM, and it's not even the best option out there!

Also, how exactly would you back up your claim that BBM "is far more superior then any other messaging app"?
Security? Nope
Userbase? Certainly not
Features? Not seeing anything that stands out

So please, do tell.

araskin

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I am a BlackBerry user and while I am not expert on WhatsApp or Viber, here are the main features of BBM on my Q10/Z10 (I have both).

* Standard chat
* Video Chat
* Voice Only Chat
* Screen sharing - I can share my Z10/Q10 screen out with whoever I am BBMing with. A great way to share photos, documents or even just have someone watch me run an app. I have used it a few times in a business scenario and it works quite well
* Send files, videos, docs, etc
* BBM Channels - This features is still in Beta so not sure you will see it on iOS/Android for a while. In a nutshell, it adds a social networking aspect to BBM. I can update my 'channel' and all those who follow can see my updates. There are some other aspects to this that makes it more interactive (ie. Followers can initiate a chat with the channel owner) but thats the gist of it.
* Add contacts using NFC - Wont be possible on iOs since none of the phones have NFC (though I am sure its just a matter of time)
* Chat Groups - To be honest this is not a features I have used before so but I do see the option is available on my device.

Not sure if I have missed anything but I believe thats the crux of it.

One other thing is, I have heard that BlackBerry are trialling a service called BBM Money in Indonesia. While I have not used it, my understanding is that it enables BBM to transfer money between users. I am not saying this is a feature that will ever launch on iOS/Android but you can see now that BlackBerry are looking way beyond chat/video chat for BBM... the possibilities are intriguing and I think its great that you guys will probably have access to these features too.

Regards,

Alon

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
While I am a BlackBerry user now and use BBM, I don't expect most of my friends on iOS or Android to start using BBM. None of us really use any cross platform messenger other than SnapChat (which doesn't exactly count). We all just text.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro