BBM Going Cross Platform - Will You Use It?

Will you be using BBM on iOS?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I'll give it a try, not sure if I will fully switch to it.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Nope.

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlaineP

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone and an Android phone. No Blackberry, I'm not a hater on other phones. I will definitely download it. I have friends on all 3 systems.

Sent from my iPhone 5

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Don't have time to be trying to add people and get them to add me. If I can't chat with them via text, iMessage or facebook chat i.e. the stuff I already use today, then it wasn't meant to be LOL. It's one thing to use a messaging platform that's already integrated into what you already use but if it's a standalone app where I need to maintain and different set of contacts then no. Even if it's able to add contacts from my address book or facebook, chances are I'm already chatting with those people using the aforementioned method. Nope.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Will it be an auto select like iMessage ???

Sent from my iPhone 5

BBM doesn't (or didn't) work like that in Blackberry. You needed to have a persons pin and that was their "address".

So you open the app and the app has contacts and you choose that contact and send a message.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Probably won't download it. Nobody I know carries a BlackBerry anymore, and I don't think my iOS and Android friends will use it.

vakama94

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I still have my old blackberry account so I'll probably try it if I see some of my contacts using it. I'd rather have them using Path or LINE since I've only added some friends to both.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know any blackberry users and am happy with I message and text plus/ used to use what app . It does seem like a good service for what is and might give it a look.

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I use to have a blackberry till I jumped ship to apple & android. So I can't wait till bbm is available on either platform. I miss it.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow you're so clever!...this thread is pointless. Like asking BB users if they'd use iMessage if it were cross platform. Some will some won't. If you can't look at stuff objectively these barbs at BB are childish.

If the thread is pointless why have you participated?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I personally won't. None of the people I communicate with are on BlackBerry and it would be a feat to get them to start using yet another messaging platform.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Upon further review... nothing here of interest to me... I only know one person still using a BlackBerry... everyone else I know from those days has moved on to other platforms... going back would seem like a re-make of a really bad '80s coming-of-age movie like Breakfast Club.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I would use it. It might be better than some of the current ones out there. Plus Blackberry is really good at this kind of thing.

They used to be...
I was excited, but now, not so much, the rumor is it's going to be neutered, so what's the point.

If you think about it, blackberry needs iOS more than iOS needs blackberry. Think users.
BBM users were around 50 million in May of this year, with blackberry users at 70 million and plummeting. Dropping s fast, Blackberry has decided to halt the disclosure of these metrics.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
They used to be...
I was excited, but now, not so much, the rumor is it's going to be neutered, so what's the point.

If you think about it, blackberry needs iOS more than iOS needs blackberry. Think users.
BBM users were around 50 million in May of this year, with blackberry users at 70 million and plummeting. Dropping s fast, Blackberry has decided to halt the disclosure of these metrics.

Even if it is a stripped down version at launch, it will still be better than most offerings. I'm pretty sure it was said that it will debut with the core messaging functions with other features to be added through later updates. I'm ok with core messaging at launch, BBM is very feature-packed and when they bring in BBM Voice, Video, and Channels it will be vastly better than the current offerings.

Nyan_Cat100

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Hell yeah I'm gonna use it BBM was a kick *** messaging platform and I loved it when I used to have a bb

Sent from my iPhone 3GS

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77