BBM Going Cross Platform - Will You Use It?

Will you be using BBM on iOS?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I'll give it a try, not sure if I will fully switch to it.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Nope.

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
My only concern is that it may be a huge battery drain. iMessage doesn't kill your battery cause its built-in and runs when it needs to. Most 3rd party messaging apps constantly run in the background and kill your battery life. I'm hoping Blackberry can do it without killing battery, but they can't even make quality software for their own hardware, so...

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't see the point. I don't know anyone with a BlackBerry, and it's not worth installing BBM and hoping my friends with Android install BBM to message them.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
BBM... Not my cup of tea any more.Don't have a BB and I am quite pleased with iMessage and my iPhone. THis platform works just fine for me even with the occasional SSM that gets sent.

I am sure others will feel different, try it for a time and eventually stick with what makes iPhone and iPhone.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My only concern is that it may be a huge battery drain. iMessage doesn't kill your battery cause its built-in and runs when it needs to. Most 3rd party messaging apps constantly run in the background and kill your battery life. I'm hoping Blackberry can do it without killing battery, but they can't even make quality software for their own hardware, so...

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

From my BB days I don't ever see that not happening not having the battery run down. We complain many do about iPhone battery life, When BBM constantly runs there is no way the battery will not run down. As previously stated, I will stick with what I have as I am quite pleased.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Not really, but it's coming in thick and styleable! I like this new hair - it's fun!
It is really looking good Alli not meaning to change to subject matter but sometimes you just have to change the topic and pay a compliment when deserved, This is one of them.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Part of me wants to for nostalgia.
But I don't see a good reason too.

Had RIM done this 3 years ago, this would be a very different discussion.
But they didn't. So now their announcement seems to be met with indifference.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I will. I can't wait actually. It's a great product. And really does a great job.

I just wonder what they will do different across platforms.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Not really, but it's coming in thick and styleable! I like this new hair - it's fun!

My wife's cousin had chemo, and lost all his straight hair. When it grew back in, it was thicker, and real curly. Something about the hair follicles getting fried. Anyway, it looks good.:p

taylorblackberry

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
When BBM come to ur devices you guys will definitely love it . Be real, no other messaging app have got video calling (and share screen) ,voice calling and instant messaging . it gonna be huge. ( that's if you guys get to have the full package)

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
When BBM come to ur devices you guys will definitely love it . Be real, no other messaging app have got video calling (and share screen) ,voice calling and instant messaging . it gonna be huge. ( that's if you guys get to have the full package)

I seriously doubt anyone.....including the last 3 BB users on Earth....really cares.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
​I'd probably delete WhatsApp if they added WP to the mix. BBM Channels is one of my favorite features of BBM and since it will have a majority of these features on iOS and Android, I can see a lot of people using BBM over the other messaging apps. First thing will be security... whether it's just as secure as some of the messengers, BBM and BlackBerry is known for it and that is a major advantage they will have.

And to answer the question... I will use it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73