View Poll Results: Will you be using BBM on iOS?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

9 36.00%
  • I'll give it a try, not sure if I will fully switch to it.

8 32.00%
  • Nope.

8 32.00%
    It comes out tomorrow.
    09-21-2013 05:42 PM
    There are reports that it out in New Zealand, but I haven't read of any other location.
    It will be out in each and every country at 12:01 AM local time.
    So we can say the whole of Asia and Australia got it now. It started rolling out in Europe and Africa. Americas last.
    09-21-2013 05:51 PM
    Guess you guys will have to wait a bit longer...

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/9/21...os-and-android

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-22-2013 12:04 AM

BlackBerry postpones launch of BBM for iOS and Android | The Verge

I tend to look at it as "BlackBerry still has to wait forever for me to join up...".
    09-22-2013 12:12 AM
    When will they release it now??

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    09-22-2013 12:53 AM
    When will they release it now??
    Who knows... it should be announced somewhere when it does... either here, or on the blog side - or both.
    09-22-2013 01:22 AM

BlackBerry postpones launch of BBM for iOS and Android | The Verge

More nostalgia. Reminds me of the their device and OS launches.
    Fausty82 and M.Rizk like this.
    09-22-2013 02:05 AM
    I'll definitely be using it that's for sure. I miss bbm to this day haha

09-22-2013 03:03 AM
    There are few bugs in it from what I've experienced so far. Display pictures don't update. Can't send messages to anyone who is actually using a blackberry just other people who got the app on iOS for the short period that it was available.

Hopefully they launch it properly very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app😊
    09-22-2013 04:41 PM
    There are few bugs in it from what I've experienced so far. Display pictures don't update. Can't send messages to anyone who is actually using a blackberry just other people who got the app on iOS for the short period that it was available.

Hopefully they launch it properly very soon.

Yes, you cannot BBM those using the Beta BBM Channels on BlackBerry. Those on BlackBerry need to restore the official BBM instead.

Regarding the displayed picture I don't this it's related to the iOS client. This usually happens when BlackBerry servers get overloaded. And I am sure BlackBerry itself was not expecting that much people joining and that could be the main reason they paused the roll out as they got 1.1 million new BBM users yesterday.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app
    09-22-2013 04:44 PM
    Yes, you cannot BBM those using the Beta BBM Channels on BlackBerry. Those on BlackBerry need to restore the official BBM instead.

Regarding the displayed picture I don't this it's related to the iOS client. This usually happens when BlackBerry servers get overloaded. And I am sure BlackBerry itself was not expecting that much people joining and that could be the main reason they paused the roll out as they got 1.1 million new BBM users yesterday.

I can't send messages to anyone using a blackberry, even people who aren't using a bb10 device. I could yesterday for about an hour or so, then it stopped. Every message I send to someone using a bb device just comes up with a tick beside it, no delivered notification, and that is regardless if they are using bb10 or older bb devices.

09-22-2013 04:48 PM
    I can't send messages to anyone using a blackberry, even people who aren't using a bb10 device. I could yesterday for about an hour or so, then it stopped. Every message I send to someone using a bb device just comes up with a tick beside it, no delivered notification, and that is regardless if they are using bb10 or older bb devices.

That's weird, my dad can still BBM me on my BB10, I can't reply back since I have the Beta BBM.

09-22-2013 04:49 PM
    That's weird, my dad can still BBM me on my BB10, I can't reply back since I have the Beta BBM.

Messages are starting to deliver now apparently. No one replied me yet to be able to tell if it's working lol

09-22-2013 05:31 PM
    I've been chatting to a friend on Z10 since 2pm yesterday.

Sent from my sweet southern soulful Iphone 5.
    09-22-2013 05:58 PM
    I love BBM and looking forward to new friends . I'm digging it.

Sent from my sweet southern soulful Iphone 5.
    09-22-2013 06:00 PM
    Apparently folks with the Channels Beta can now reply and see messages from iPhone BBM users. Personally, I've been able to message BB users since I downloaded the iOS app.
    Last edited by rayz336; 09-23-2013 at 09:17 AM.
    M.Rizk likes this.
    09-23-2013 09:07 AM
    Anyone know when it will come out now?

09-23-2013 11:04 AM
    What do you mean you don't get cell service at home?

I live In a rural area, and around and in my house I can't find a cell signal, if I walk 50 feet down the road I do, but not around the house.
    Sounds like my house and Sprint. People gave up calling me and just SMSed me asking me to call them since the calls never went through.

09-23-2013 11:07 AM
    Sounds like my house and Sprint. People gave up calling me and just SMSed me asking me to call them since the calls never went through.

Lived in an apt once and had the same problem when I bought my townhouse the first thing I did when I checked it out with the reality was close myself in the hall closet and had my ex- wife call me just to make sure I had signal from sprint

Sent from my iPhone 5
    09-23-2013 11:29 AM
    Nope, not even giving it a second thought either. I don't know one single user of Blackberry so I cannot think of a reason to use the app.
    09-25-2013 02:01 PM
    Nope, not even giving it a second thought either. I don't know one single user of Blackberry so I cannot think of a reason to use the app.
    It's cross platform. You don't need someone on BlackBerry to try it. You can just download it, ask some few friends on iOS or Android to get it too and give it a shot for few hours maybe you would like it more than WhatsApp. (at least it doesn't have the Last Seen feature, it instead tells you when the user actually read your message)

Last edited by M.Rizk; 09-28-2013 at 04:13 PM.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-25-2013 02:05 PM
    It's cross platform. You don't need someone on BlackBerry to try it. You can just download it, ask some fee friends on iOS or Android to get it too and give it a shot for few hours maybe you would like it more than WhatsApp. (at least it doesn't have the Last Seen feature, it instead tells you when the user actually read your message)
    Thanks, I didn't know that. But that brings up another point - why use another app to message with people when 95% of my friends and family already use iOS which with iMessage already shows if the message was delivered, read, or the person is typing.
    09-25-2013 02:59 PM
    Thanks, I didn't know that. But that brings up another point - why use another app to message with people when 95% of my friends and family already use iOS which with iMessage already shows if the message was delivered, read, or the person is typing.
    Well, yes. If all your family and friends are on IOS, then that's a whole different case and iMessage should be enough. Unless you need to use BBM Groups to chat, and share pictures, calendar events and To-Do list. Also maybe you would want to give it a try later when BBM Voice is introduced also BBM Channels. I am sure you will like BBM Channels when introduced because simply it is a brand new innovative feature that you can never find it in any other IM.
    09-25-2013 03:09 PM
    It's cross platform. You don't need someone on BlackBerry to try it. You can just download it, ask some fee friends on iOS or Android to get it too and give it a shot for few hours maybe you would like it more than WhatsApp. (at least it doesn't have the Last Seen feature, it instead tells you when the user actually read your message)

Well said

I always heard about BBM and I want to try it. I don't know anyone that uses it but I will strong arm some friends into paying me to download this Free app so we can try it. Never know it might catch on

Sent from my iPhone 5
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-25-2013 03:09 PM
    Anyone any idea when they will actually release this ?????? I keep checking in the App Store but nothing
    09-25-2013 04:04 PM
241 ... 78910